Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: The President's brain is missing

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    How was it too early to suggest the blast was an attack ?
    What danger or how has it become very dangerous to world/global politics ?

By the slant of your allegations, would you agree with the statement that the repetition of the russia gate hoax was the greatest risk to the outbreak of ww3 and nuclear war since the events in ukraine involving ethnic russians under the obama admin ?
    Still do not understand why you think it was OK at such early notice for president of USA to suggest it was an attack with no definite evidence otherwise. You replied to my post much later and so to add voice to your opinion but that was weeks later when it appears it had not added fuel to the fire. Why did you not voice your opinion at the time of happening? Easy in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    1) Still do not understand why you think it was OK at such early notice for president of USA to suggest it was an attack with no definite evidence otherwise.

2) You replied to my post much later and so to add voice to your opinion but that was weeks later when it appears it had not added fuel to the fire.
    Why did you not voice your opinion at the time of happening? Easy in hindsight.
    1) Trump said it looked like an attack from conversations he had with some of his generals.
    If something happens people are able to say what they believed happened. Those in power are expected to state what they believe has happened.
    The day after he clarified that there was no certainty over whether it was a calamitous accident or an egregious attack, but given the data at hand and analysis offered to him by those whod know best they were inclined to lean towards it being an attack.
    Its not unusual for people to make such statements.

2) Im asking you how what trumpy said had the effect you predicted at the outset, or what was it he said that would pour fuel on the fire.
    Or to express your more general view of the level of stability in Lebanon over the recent past and what measurable impact trumps speech had on the environement.

I checked a guardian video and this is what i have him saying.
    "Let me begin by sending americas deepest sympathies to the people of lebanon, where reports indicate many many people were killed. Hundreds more were very badly wounded in a large explosion in beiruit. Our prayers go out to all the victims and their families. The united states stands ready to assist lebanon, weve a very good relationship with the people of lebanon and we will be there to help. It looks like a terrible attack"
    Reporter "on lebanon, you called this an attack are you confident this was an attack and not an accident?"
    "Well it would seem like it based on the explosion, i met with some of our great generals and they just seem to feel that it was, this was eh, not some kind of manufacturing explosion type of event. This was a, seems to be, according to them, they would know better than i would, but they seem to think this was an attack. It was a bomb of some kind."

On the 5th of august what exactly was it he said that was so ignitable and what impacts did you think it would cause ?

Are you retracting your beliefs now after a few weeks ? Or do you still think it could be manifested in the future ?
    Seems you were expecting a rather immediate reaction/event.

I didnt reply to the thread as i have been busy enough of late and your political threads seem to be lacking some meat, so i hadnt clicked on it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    2 - OK Trumps comments certainly do not improve stability
    3 - Trump claimed that unnamed generals advised him so, this was quite quickly rebuffed by unnamed defence spokesman

Can't say I like newshounds much whether mainstream or local (just doing their job I guess)
    If you think/thought trumps words have/had a potential impact on lebanon, what do you think the largely debunked theory dubbed russiagate had on global politics ?

There are many democrats who made the allegation that was amplified by media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    If you think/thought trumps words have/had a potential impact on lebanon, what do you think the largely debunked theory dubbed russiagate had on global politics ?

There are many democrats who made the allegation that was amplified by media.
    Hi CCTV
    I am not sure that has been debunked.
    What media or other sources should we believe?
    I am not a democrat or otherwise
    What impact the potential interference may have on global politics may unravel over many years.
    Russia and Putin play a very clever game of Chess.
    I do not know what there end game is but the as yet unproved involvement in the plane shot down, the incursion into Crimea and Ukraine, the poisoning of certan Russian subjects and the present situation in Syria and Belarus should not be viewed in my opinion as lacking some strategy. e.g. probe, test and no response - good - continue to probe.
    It would not surprise me, whilst the rest of the world are so busy with this virus, if Russia are 'invited' into Belarus thus linking Russia with Kaliningrad and the Baltic Sea and at the same time isolating Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
    Russia is also going to be a major energy supplier to the EU.
    Those are my thoughts.
    Where I last worked in UK there were a lot of Polish guys worried about this scenario and there reserve army had increased massively over the last few years.
    They are worried too.
    They think Putin wants to reclaim what he views as land occupied by Russian speaking people.
    Trump has very little to say v Putin. He appears to like being associated with dictators.
    Signed a deal yesterday with Arab nations and Israel. Was that a good deal? Perhaps time will tell.
    Managed to fit in some debunking view on climate change in Oregon/California.
    UK like to be associated with US.
    I thought the world was better c. 2000 - went on a massive long holiday that year across europe and met many Russian tourists.

Quite a bit in that to process and reply to, might get a chance after the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Isn't there a sequel?
    The Prime Minister's brain is <insert here>

Loved Spitting Image during the Thatcher years
    Looks like a new series is coming soon! Just seen a trailer featuring BoJo and Trump!

Trump has tested positive for covid 19 much to the delight of the media.

Proof that masks work apparently. Is he supposed to wear one when he's with his wife?

The great man will battle through, putting his country first like a real leader should.
    Well thats what he'll want everyone to believe 😂😂

Donald has been sent to hospital.
    Despite my dislike of his politics I wish him a speedy recovery.
    Other people have posted how this virus is no worse than the common flu but when it comes to the succumbing to the ventilator in my opinion it is so horrendous and unforgiving and inhumane.
    I hope the forthcoming series of Spitting Image respects these circumstances.
    Like everyone who is suffering from this illness - get well soon - God bless

Donnie T is back!

"Maybe I'm immune, I don't know..."