Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Barca Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    No. Messi's as good today as I've ever seen him, if a bit lazier.
    The lazier part Bali, is probably due to career management, ie prolonging it..
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    The lazier part Bali, is probably due to career management, ie prolonging it..
    Amazing that arguably the best player ever is the only player allowed to walk on a pitch.
    Sometimes he doesn't move he just stands there !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Amazing that arguably the best player ever is the only player allowed to walk on a pitch.
    I don't think he owes Barcelona much at this stage Ian.
    He has probably stagnated there alright though.
    A new challenge would be the right move for him I think we can all agree...
    Last edited by justincredible; 25th August 2020 at 09:09 PM.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    And surely if he was STILL that good Barca would of done better?

Spain is a very attacking focused league, I would like to see how he'd do against VVD,,,

You can't really get away with walking in EPL just look at ozil he was meant to be a top class player, not on messis level no but still

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Lets be right he is still top class but just not as good as he was.

He still scored nearly 40 goals last season I want him nowhere near City being honest.

He may not even leave yet as its all politics at Barcelona.

Ronaldo is still a quality player too both have looked after themselves incredibly well.
    Didn't he just break the assist record in La Liga? That's not a player in decline.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    And surely if he was STILL that good Barca would of done better?

Spain is a very attacking focused league, I would like to see how he'd do against VVD,,,

You can't really get away with walking in EPL just look at ozil he was meant to be a top class player, not on messis level no but still
    Yeah, but if Gerrard was that good he'd have won more with us. I don't think that argument works.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah, but if Gerrard was that good he'd have won more with us. I don't think that argument works.
    Well pretty sure messi has won a lot more than gerrard no?

he's part of the problem at Barca in his current situation, to much player power & doesn't work hard enough for the team and in a aging team they can't carry the lack of work rate.

Would be better than Ozil ofc, but same issue.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 25th August 2020 at 09:39 PM.

Seriously, guys, take a chill pill. This isn't a top player you're talking about.

This is one of the best ever. In history you could count the number of players with his consistency and longevity on one hand. We're basically talking a God amonst mortals. Think Maradona, but less fond of the white stuff. Think Pele, but.... more Argentinian.

He'd make a mockery of the PL defences if he were to come. This isn't some sulky prima donna like Özi. We're talking one of the finest athletes in any sport in the last century.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I thought we were talking about Messi

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Well pretty sure messi has won a lot more than gerrard no?

he's part of the problem at Barca in his current situation, to much player power & doesn't work hard enough for the team and in a aging team they can't carry the lack of work rate.

Would be better than Ozil ofc, but same issue.
    You do realise he's scored 10% of all Barca goals ever at their stadium (or something obscene like that, I'm not sure if that was the exact stat), right? Take him out of the team and they're back to a second rate European power they've always been with the likes of Benfica and Inter.

He still scores a large plurality of their goals - he's just too good for what's around him at present.

I do see your point that he's defensively completely and utterly useless though. But for 40 goals and 30 assists a year, can you honestly complain?

Edit: The Gerrard comment was meant to illustrate that no matter how great you are, you can't win trophies on your own.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non