Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: The Barca Rebuild.

The Barca Rebuild.

You're the Managing Director/Manager/Director of Football all rolled into one.

How do you go about fixing the mess and building for the future?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Like this, Sid:

Etiam si omnes, ego non

Ad a start sell Messi. Would fetch a good some. But also seems to be the boss at the club. Doesn't do much in the big games anymore.

Sell Suarez. Let go of Busques, Lenglet, Sergi, Semeida. Sell De Jong he offers nothing.

Sign Van Dijk for 200 million. Sign Mbappe for 300 million. Bring back Coutinho. Bring back Thiago.

Sign young hungry players from trams like RB Leipzig, Atalanta etc.

I wonder what the little fella is thinking now. Hes too old to see a rebuild through surely?
    They've paid the price for their arrogance, the transfers theyve splurged huge sums on by acting underhand and arrogant have almost all gone to shit. No resale value on any of them.
    I've loved watching great side, nobody can deny how fantastic they were. Probably the best ever but it's well and truly over for them now.
    I just hope bigtime Real go the same way as my despise for them is on another level to Barca.

I'd 8-2 be a Barcelona player or fan today

A proper headache to sort that lot out.

They need a lot

Sell everyone over the age of 30 bar Messi.

Get Poch in and tell him that no matter what happens, he gets three years and all the money they can give him.

Ask Messi if he's ok with that. If not, sell him too.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Arda Turan - €34 million
    Andre Gomes - €37 million
    Paco Alcacer - €30 million
    Ousmane Dembele - €138 million
    Paulinho - €40 million
    Nelson Semedo - €36 million
    Philippe Coutinho - €145 million
    Malcom - €41 million
    Clement Lenglet - €36 million
    Arthur - €31 million
    Antoine Griezmann - €120 million
    Frenkie de Jong - €75 million
    Miralem Pjanic - €60 million
    Trincao - €31 million

That's only the transfers over €30 million since 2014 I think - shocking return.

I'd be selling Messi - nobody seems to be able to thrive in his shadow these days. At a push I would withdraw him into a deeper role with a the best DM they can buy beside him - a bit like the Alonso and Mascherano dynamic, just for his passing ability, but given his age and his (lack of) work-rate, plus the ego issues, I'd sell.

Messi out, surround a couple of the "prime" age players with youth, one or two experienced heads from elsewhere in, perhaps trust Coutinho a bit once the shadow of Messi went. They could do much worse than targeting Wijnaldum and Thiago Alcantara to totally rebuild that midfield and getting a solid centre-back in.

There is just SO much work to do!

All the talk about Wijnaldum and his contract. Has he been linked specifically with another club? Is he holding out for more money or does he want 'a new challenge'.?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    All the talk about Wijnaldum and his contract. Has he been linked specifically with another club? Is he holding out for more money or does he want 'a new challenge'.?
    Last I saw contract talks had stalled.

In any case at 30 he is far too young to play for Barcelona 😂