Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Barca Rebuild.

Gramps... Not that old surely ..?

But I am 47 and I bet I could run rings around you on a football pitch Bali - Think of what Diego did to Bulgaria... Oops - sore point

Once again your stance on Diego reveals what you don’t know.

I predict he'll go PSG for a easy ride, but they'll still fail to win the champions league 100%

All good having flashy players but you need more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Gramps... Not that old surely ..?

But I am 47 and I bet I could run rings around you on a football pitch Bali - Think of what Diego did to Bulgaria... Oops - sore point

For whom exactly? Since in '94 it went our lads' way iirc.

I'd take you up on the footie offer - matter of fact, I was planning to make a trip to the isles (though the greener one) before the COVID crisis.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I never subscribe to the “show us your medals” mantra to rate how good a player is.
    Look at Gerrard for instance, his talent warrants him winning at least 2 World Cups, 3 Champions Leagues and 3 or 4 Premier Leagues. Was he any lesser player because he didn’t ?
    I think not.

Maradona is the first player on my all time best 11 team sheet every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    For whom exactly? Since in '94 it went our lads' way iirc.

I'd take you up on the footie offer - matter of fact, I was planning to make a trip to the isles (though the greener one) before the COVID crisis.
    In 94 Diego was called out of retirement silly boy. He was a total wreck and what happened to Argentina? Yes the same as with Messi..

Bring it on - when this pandemic is over - I guess the longer it takes the more it favours you
    Last edited by Steveo; 25th August 2020 at 10:02 PM.

In 94 Diego was called out of retirement silly boy. He was a total wreck and what happened to Argentina? Yes the same as with Messi..
    Was he a total wreck? The official story is that he was a well oiled machine... in fact too well oiled with some illegal stuff.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Was he a total wreck? The official story is that he was a well oiled machine... in fact too well oiled with some illegal stuff.
    He was taking injections just to walk mate. A near cripple. Did you ever see what happened to him - First Spain and then repeatedly in Italy.

Bali he was crippled because there was ONLY one way to stop him.

Messi’s career would have been over by the time he was 25 with such treatment. That is part of why so many rare Diego the greatest. No other player ( except maybe Pele ) was targeted so ruthlessly and without any protection.

Btw, how did Napoli do in the '88 and '90 CLs?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

He was taking injections just to walk mate. A near cripple. Did you ever see what happened to him - First Spain and then repeatedly in Italy.

Bali he was crippled because there was ONLY one way to stop him.
    Yeah... and that way was cocaine.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Look, as I've said - I'm sure it was a lot of fun watching him when you were growing up. He's a super enigmatic and almost romantic figure in this sport of ours. And I'm genuinely sorry I never got to see him play.

But boldly proclaiming he deserves a higher spot in the pantheon than Pele or Messi is a tad absurd, as I'm sure the man himself would say.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non