Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Barca Rebuild.

Let's leave this scuffle - there's nothing to be gained from talking about this any further and I might get worked up and say something stupid again. If you want to have a structured and reasoned debate, we can try it out some time if I'm feeling bored.

On the main point we agree - it'd be a disaster if he went to City.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah... and that way was cocaine.
    Oh he was a coke head yes after the Camorra - not easy to turn them down Bali...and you can trust me on that - Capish...? - What you think that helped his game? Lol

He was near crippled - just so much better than anyone else on the planet that he could change many many games even when carrying an average team.

One day maybe in 20 years maybe less - one day you will see

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I never subscribe to the “show us your medals” mantra to rate how good a player is.
    Look at Gerrard for instance, his talent warrants him winning at least 2 World Cups, 3 Champions Leagues and 3 or 4 Premier Leagues. Was he any lesser player because he didn’t ?
    I think not.

Maradona is the first player on my all time best 11 team sheet every time.
    He should probably make it into everyone's to be fair. But so should Messi.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh he was a coke head yes after the Camorra - not easy to turn them down Bali...and you can trust me on that - Capish...? - What you think that helped his game? Lol

He was near crippled - just so much better than anyone else on the planet that he could change many many games even when carrying an average team.
    No denying he's one of the greats. If the roles were reversed and someone were saying "but if he'd come to us in the 80s he'd have been found out" I'd be the first one defending Don Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    One day maybe in 20 years maybe less - one day you will see
    And perhaps you'll realise you're a bit blinded by the mystique surrounding the little mage and by memories of your youth.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Let's leave this scuffle - there's nothing to be gained from talking about this any further and I might get worked up and say something stupid again. If you want to have a structured and reasoned debate, we can try it out some time if I'm feeling bored.

On the main point we agree - it'd be a disaster if he went to City.
    nah it wouldn't it would be great, great fun.

he won't dare to come EPL

don't worry he'd show you how shit he'd be

Apparently suarez could be off too, maybe they could sign him also?

No denying he's one of the greats. If the roles were reversed and someone were saying "but if he'd come to us in the 80s he'd have been found out" I'd be the first one defending them.

And perhaps you'll realise you're a bit blinded by the mystique surrounding the little mage and by memories of your youth.
    I am not at all - I have witnessed Messi over his career at an age where I am best places to judge both. I watched Diego dude and IF he was up for it and the ref did his job - your Barca with Messi got beat by Napoli with Diego.

That simple - just on another level. Simple plain ability. Messi will be the first to admit he isn’t close to Diego. Because he knows it

Seen here destroying Hungary... But look at the assaults he receives - and look at the lack of punishment.

It's almost as if it was 30 years ago and football was... *gasp* DIFFERENT!

Tough pitch, less lenient refs... different offside rules, less professional players overall, tactically inept defenders - yeah, plenty of things were different alright.

What do you mean "my" Barca? And are you seriously suggesting that Napoli side that won two titles was better than treble winners and four time CL winners Barca? Six trophies in one year or something insane like that Barca?

I mean I quite dislike the club so I take any chance to bash them... but seriously? I mean I have no idea tbf - I wasn't there, but really? Seems highly unlikely.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Please... Bali - use your eye as well as your brain..

At least Diego turned up for his country