Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Barca Rebuild.

@Ian...
    Yes on the party and agree with both you and Bali on the comparison aspect... It is pointless.

@Bali...
    For the record I am as far removed from being anti Balkan as it is possible to be. One of my absolute favourite parts of the world. The comment I made was the reverse of how you took it. The point being - IMO Balkan blood is usually more talented, more artistic, and far far more lovable than the Uber conformist and often boring Teutonic. Maybe it’s the Celtic blood in my veins but I am at home there - and never was in the German speaking world. No offence Jurgen (but you are a one off) That is why so many of my friends are from the former Yugoslavia and your native Bulgaria where I have also travelled extensively. My wife is from Naples in southern Italy where they are also extremely hot headed and very Balkanic too. I love that.

Does feel a bit like you think I am senile though. 47 isn’t that old mate. Trust me it happens fast
    Last edited by Steveo; 26th August 2020 at 08:42 AM.

Maybe I'm a bit touchy, since most of the stereotype surrounding my part of the world aren't too nice. Though tbf, a lot of them are firmly based in reality.

I don't think you're senile. You're probably a bit influenced by having seen him when you were young - I'm the same - for some irrational reason I have the feeling players like Figo, Zidane, Okocha, Raul, Costacurta are somehow all time greats, when that's not really necessarily the case for all of them. I mean it feels like Zidane is currently one of the most overrated players in the history of the game, largely thanks to people of my generation who saw him in his undoubtedly impressive pomp.

Btw, I used to play footie with a mate about your age. Fit dude and really knew the game, as do you seemingly... until he tore an ACL with the ball at his feet, ten feet away from the closest defender (who was me). He wasn't even running! Just stepped in a bit of a hole on the pitch and we all heard a nasty crunch.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Surely City can afford the €700m, no?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54032101
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Yes but does he REALLY want to go...? I mean like - really...?

Well he reckons he’s staying as he doesn’t want to be party to taking Barcelona to court.

I doubt he ever really wanted to go, he had show everyone what kinda ego he has and its massive.. Hes bigger than the club. because things arent going his way.
    Its actually the facts his position on the pitch that makes it impossible for the rest of the team. He scores loads of goals. But it does leave Barca open at the back. Thats why Argentina have never quite done it with him in the 11. International teams are just has good as Argentina at keeping the ball.. in Spain when teams sit back in numbers it allows Barca the ball and they are good then. when teams press them high and keep the ball when they have it, they struggle.
    Last edited by justme; 4th September 2020 at 10:18 PM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Noone should be bigger than a club. Noone.

That said, if someone has a case for it... has ever had a case for it - he'd be one of them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Maybe I'm a bit touchy, since most of the stereotype surrounding my part of the world aren't too nice. Though tbf, a lot of them are firmly based in reality.

I don't think you're senile. You're probably a bit influenced by having seen him when you were young - I'm the same - for some irrational reason I have the feeling players like Figo, Zidane, Okocha, Raul, Costacurta are somehow all time greats, when that's not really necessarily the case for all of them. I mean it feels like Zidane is currently one of the most overrated players in the history of the game, largely thanks to people of my generation who saw him in his undoubtedly impressive pomp.

Btw, I used to play footie with a mate about your age. Fit dude and really knew the game, as do you seemingly... until he tore an ACL with the ball at his feet, ten feet away from the closest defender (who was me). He wasn't even running! Just stepped in a bit of a hole on the pitch and we all heard a nasty crunch.
    I'll toiuch you

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I'll toiuch you
    You and noone else, Kev.

Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    You, Justin and no one else, Kev.

Fixed that for you Bali.... XXxX
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!