Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: The Barca Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    All the talk about Wijnaldum and his contract. Has he been linked specifically with another club? Is he holding out for more money or does he want 'a new challenge'.?
    Most persistent "educated rumour" is that contract length is the issue - we want to offer 3 years, he wants 4 - apparently contract stuff for all players isn't being addressed immediately as the players get a break but it will be one to watch.

If he does decide he is leaving I hope he can give one Hell of a final year with us like Alonso did. I really, really like Wijnaldum and hope he stays but ultimately nobody is irreplaceable and I would trust Klopp more than anyone to find the solution.

Wow the money theyve wasted is unreal. Some real dung on that list of players.
    Imagine if it was a big corporate company, they'd be fucked.

The managers keep on being undermined by the players led by Messi. I'd try to convince Xavi to come back to manage the team as he would have the players' immediate respect. Zidane has had a similar effect at Real.

If reports are to be believed then they appear to be skint which is no surprise given how many 100s of millions they've wasted in recent years.

In the current market they will find it difficult to receive any decent fees for the likes of Suarez, Rakitic, Coutinho, Dembele etc so there is no quick fix for them by bringing new players in.

if they need a keeper, we have karuis for 50 million.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    In the current market they will find it difficult to receive any decent fees for the likes of Suarez, Rakitic, Coutinho, Dembele etc so there is no quick fix for them by bringing new players in.
    Indeed.

One of their biggest issues is ego/Worldwide fan expectation at this point. They really need an environment whereby it is deemed acceptable by the fans that there might be 2-4 seasons of finishing 3rd/4th so they can fix their issues for the longer haul and challenge again. Some fanbases can handle that sort of thing and get behind the idea of a "project" better than others - Dortmund fans are a patient lot for example, whereas Barca now have that sense of entitlement you see with Real Madrid, City etc.

I'd aim to hang onto Dembele, and Coutinho and give some youth a chance - Messi, tough as the initial loss of the goals/assists would be one you want to shift - simply too much player power and he casts an enormous shadow over other players. Should still have enough for 3rd/4th for a couple of years whilst adjusting to life after Messi/Suarez/Rakitic/Vidal/Pique that you release over a few windows.

They're short on money, so getting the Monster wages off the books and hiring some better scouts/data analysts and trying to emulate what Dortmund do whilst maintaining the "Barca" style of play (added caveat of being less ridiculously dogmatic about having the ball at the back) is a viable option - a few talented youths coming in to supplement the couple of talented youngsters they have, who have a bit of help from Coutinho, Dembele (when not on the treatment table) Griezmann and Pjanic and they can do enough to nick 4th for a few seasons until they get a couple of years under the legs of the youth players and bring through another group of players.

Bloody hell, I've just read if Coutinho wins the champions league with Bayern, Barca have to pay us another £5 million !!
    The gift that keeps on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Bloody hell, I've just read if Coutinho wins the champions league with Bayern, Barca have to pay us another £5 million !!
    The gift that keeps on giving.
    I would be surprised at that. I would imagine (small print) that Coutinho winning the Champion's League would have to be for Barca. It would be a pleasant surprise if we had thought of the possibility of them loaning him out to another club when it came to negotiations.

Oh please let that be true. As for their rebuild quite honestly who gives a f**k.
    Arrogant wankers can rot.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Oh please let that be true. As for their rebuild quite honestly who gives a f**k.
    Arrogant wankers can rot.
    +1

The first thing they should do is dump the likes of Messi and Pique.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    +1

The first thing they should do is dump the likes of Messi and Pique.
    They can dump Messi at Anfield if they like . We're on the look out for good squad players 😂😂