Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 146

Thread: The Barca Rebuild.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,786
    I think the game last night, yes bayern was better obviously but 8-2???

    Something's going on behind the scenes, or some players are really not happy

    You just have to think there's something going on.

    I also found it very weird coutinho was allowed to play agsint them, a good way to rub it in..... couldn't of anything worse if i was a barca fan.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th August 2020 at 05:21 PM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    12,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I think the game last night, yes bayern was better obviously but 8-2???

    Something's going on behind the scenes, or some players are really not happy

    You just have to think there's something going on.

    I also found it very weird coutinho was allowed to play agsint them, a good way to rub it in..... couldn't of anything worse if i was a barca fan.
    They were lucky it wasn't more, they shit the bed as we say.
    As for something going on, the only thing going on is they have bought players who have been coached by poor managers.
    It just goes to show how quickly you can fall from grace if you don't get te manager right.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    5,904
    That’s the crazy thing.., the scoreline didn’t flatter Bayern one little bit
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    They were lucky it wasn't more, they shit the bed as we say.
    As for something going on, the only thing going on is they have bought players who have been coached by poor managers.
    It just goes to show how quickly you can fall from grace if you don't get te manager right.
    It serves them right. Theyve acted the shithouse far too many times and its bitten them, their transfer business has been a disaster . I just hope Real go to shit even more than Barca. Atleast Barca in their pomp were simply unreal and gave the Mancs a right royal spanking in 2 finals. For that we have to give them some grace.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    You're the Managing Director/Manager/Director of Football all rolled into one.

    How do you go about fixing the mess and building for the future?
    There are 5 or 6 at 32 or 33you

    Messi Suarex Pique Bousquets Rakitic Alaba.

    Barça cannot just buy top players on the cheap like they did with Fabregas Suarez Henry.

    No generation coming through. Xavi Iniesta come along once every 20 years.

    And messi one in 50 years.

    The team is built around Messi but he can longer do all on his own.

    33yo it is a difficult period and delicate one.

    Even their purchases have been a flop. Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann that's £350m on 3 players ... wow !!

    There is still 2 years of Messi. But for the incoming manager this a going to be problematic until Messi moves on and others take on responsibility.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I think the game last night, yes bayern was better obviously but 8-2???

    Something's going on behind the scenes, or some players are really not happy

    You just have to think there's something going on.

    I also found it very weird coutinho was allowed to play agsint them, a good way to rub it in..... couldn't of anything worse if i was a barca fan.
    They should change the rule in the EPL and allow loan players to play v parent club.

    Ridiculous rule.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Indeed.

    One of their biggest issues is ego/Worldwide fan expectation at this point. They really need an environment whereby it is deemed acceptable by the fans that there might be 2-4 seasons of finishing 3rd/4th so they can fix their issues for the longer haul and challenge again. Some fanbases can handle that sort of thing and get behind the idea of a "project" better than others - Dortmund fans are a patient lot for example, whereas Barca now have that sense of entitlement you see with Real Madrid, City etc.

    I'd aim to hang onto Dembele, and Coutinho and give some youth a chance - Messi, tough as the initial loss of the goals/assists would be one you want to shift - simply too much player power and he casts an enormous shadow over other players. Should still have enough for 3rd/4th for a couple of years whilst adjusting to life after Messi/Suarez/Rakitic/Vidal/Pique that you release over a few windows.

    They're short on money, so getting the Monster wages off the books and hiring some better scouts/data analysts and trying to emulate what Dortmund do whilst maintaining the "Barca" style of play (added caveat of being less ridiculously dogmatic about having the ball at the back) is a viable option - a few talented youths coming in to supplement the couple of talented youngsters they have, who have a bit of help from Coutinho, Dembele (when not on the treatment table) Griezmann and Pjanic and they can do enough to nick 4th for a few seasons until they get a couple of years under the legs of the youth players and bring through another group of players.
    Yes Sid

    Pretty much sums it up

    They need to go a few steps back for 1 or 2 seasons like you said.

    They can easily challenge in the league because it is only a 2 team league .

    Need to drop the 32yos and plan for the next 4 years.

    They need 8 or 9 players to come through.

    What's great is Real Barca Arsenal Spurs Chelsea are all after the same type of players.

    Man City will buy another 4 full backs and 2 centre backs.

    PSG need a CB . Thiago Silva 35yo.
    But can easily afford players like chopp- moting in the french league.

    ManU need a few defenders and maybe goalkeeper and the squad depth isnt great.

    Liverpool are on year 3 of a 4 to 5 year cycle.

    It is very disappointing not to be in Portugal. I think we really should/could have won it. A.Madrid flunked it.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    There are 5 or 6 at 32 or 33you

    Messi Suarex Pique Bousquets Rakitic Alaba.

    Barça cannot just buy top players on the cheap like they did with Fabregas Suarez Henry.

    No generation coming through. Xavi Iniesta come along once every 20 years.

    And messi one in 50 years.

    The team is built around Messi but he can longer do all on his own.

    33yo it is a difficult period and delicate one.

    Even their purchases have been a flop. Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann that's £350m on 3 players ... wow !!

    There is still 2 years of Messi. But for the incoming manager this a going to be problematic until Messi moves on and others take on responsibility.
    Real and Barcas success in recent years has been built around 2 of the greatest ever players. Both clubs have literally been carried by them and the says they were dreading are right here right now. The days when they cant rely on either to bail them out all the time.
    Both clubs are fucked for some time as a major force and it couldn't have happened to a better pair of shithouse clubs. Especially Real. They wont compete with the premier league in Europe for years now. Long may it continue.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,096
    Speaking of Real Madrid, they have to give Odegaard a chance sooner or later - he is 21 now and they have a few players who are getting on a touch.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    8,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Speaking of Real Madrid, they have to give Odegaard a chance sooner or later - he is 21 now and they have a few players who are getting on a touch.
    I read yesterday hes going to be played more and Isco and Modric could be moved on. They certainly ain't spending big anytime soon. Shithouse club, I despise them as much as the Mancs.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •