Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Barca Rebuild.

Barca do have some decent kids to keep a look out for

Jorge Cuenca promising CB
    Ludovit Reis (Midfielder who wants to play for us apparently)
    Ansu Fati 17 years old, and already looking incredible, could be the next hazard or better.
    Moriba 16 years olde, CM that's looking very good apparently.

There's a couple of CB's too, but nothing that special will come from them I don't think so no point listing some more.

Looking into it's very hard to get a chance for young guys for Barca.... the old guard holds em back, hence the situation they're in.

I think Fati could become world class, and i love the name!
    Last edited by Kev0909; 16th August 2020 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I read yesterday hes going to be played more and Isco and Modric could be moved on. They certainly ain't spending big anytime soon. Shithouse club, I despise them as much as the Mancs.
    Wouldn't mind Isco coming here, under 30 and a decent player.
    Problem is, would he get a game with us?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Real and Barcas success in recent years has been built around 2 of the greatest ever players. Both clubs have literally been carried by them and the says they were dreading are right here right now. The days when they cant rely on either to bail them out all the time.
    Both clubs are fucked for some time as a major force and it couldn't have happened to a better pair of shithouse clubs. Especially Real. They wont compete with the premier league in Europe for years now. Long may it continue.
    Hazard looked nothing like the player at Chelsea.

Real reminds of the 2008 period when we stuffed them 4-0. Ageing team with no spark or fight.

Barcelona; I cant remember a slow non exciting Barça for years.
    Rivaldo years
    Ronaldinho years
    Messi years

Maybe the mid 90s ?

Real look to have a better selection of players for the next few season imo Dicko.

Courtois mendy varane miltao carvahal at least a back 5, some decent options further up the pitch and Zidane at the least seems to be a manager of note.

Not sure its enough to entice Mbappe though. Could easily see him being a lfc or no-one at this point.

It's Koeman.
    Think that is a bit of a stopgap. Maybe a bit underwhelming. they obviously didn't see how he was at everton.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    It's Koeman.
    Think that is a bit of a stopgap. Maybe a bit underwhelming. they obviously didn't see how he was at everton.
    I think he could be very good.
    As I have posted elsewhere, I think OLG could come good with the Mancs.
    For those who want to see their demise then the best thing that could happen is his sacking and replacement by another high profile manager who spunks loads of money on another rebuild.
    LVG was getting there and whilst never rejoicing in a sacking was not unhappy that he was.
    Both Koeman and OLG are very knowledgeable footballers - the latter still cutting his teeth at senior level management and the former whilst having served a lengthy apprenticeship in management deserves better in my opinion.
    You cannot polish a turd.

Olg?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Olg?
    OLG should be OGS.
    Thankyou Redebreck!

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    It's Koeman.
    I am guessing a 1-year deal or 2-year deal?

Hard to imagine anything longer being given, with the likelihood of a new President in the near-future. Wouldn't want to be paying off the remainder of a big contract.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Hazard looked nothing like the player at Chelsea.

Real reminds of the 2008 period when we stuffed them 4-0. Ageing team with no spark or fight.

Barcelona; I cant remember a slow non exciting Barça for years.
    Rivaldo years
    Ronaldinho years
    Messi years

Maybe the mid 90s ?
    They had Ronaldo tearing up the league for the one season before Rivaldo. Stoichkov was there for the first half of the 90s so there is a real chance that they could soon have a team with no world class players in it for the first time in 30+ years