Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: The Barca Rebuild.

Figo was still there in 99 too.
    I went to the nou camp in 02 for a game and the team had Mendieta,Saviola and Riquelme in it. Great players but they just didnt do much as a team. They were big under achievers around that time.

Stoichkov was an incredible player. In terms of individual "stars" I still look back at the '94 World Cup as being one of the best / most diverse in that regard for individual talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Stoichkov was an incredible player. In terms of individual "stars" I still look back at the '94 World Cup as being one of the best / most diverse in that regard for individual talents.
    That was the first world cup I watched when I was 9 years old. There were some cracking games. The 3-2 Romania over Argentina, Brazil 3-2 over Netherlands and Bulgaria turning the match on its head with a come from behind win over Germany stick out in my mind.

The likes of Stoichkov, Baggio, Romario, Hagi, and Maradona made it a joy to watch.

Incidentally the '94 WC is a prime example of people getting extremely sentimental about an event that took place before their birth for some of my compatriots and me.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Incidentally the '94 WC is a prime example of people getting extremely sentimental about an event that took place before their birth for some of my compatriots and me.
    England fans would never do that !!

I don't want to see the rebuilding job done there.

How many of our players went there cheaply just because they wanted to play for them.

In relation to the Gini link with Barca, isnt there a clause that was inserted after the Coutinho deal? That they pay a premium for any of our players?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    In relation to the Gini link with Barca, isnt there a clause that was inserted after the Coutinho deal? That they pay a premium for any of our players?
    I think that runs / ran out this year.

Iirc it was a 100m Euro premium until the end of 2020's summer.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Figo was still there in 99 too.
    I went to the nou camp in 02 for a game and the team had Mendieta,Saviola and Riquelme in it. Great players but they just didnt do much as a team. They were big under achievers around that time.
    I've seen Etoo Zlatan Messi Iniesta Xavi David Villa , Dani Alves, Suarez, Pedro, Bojan, Henry... really lucky . Saw the el classico wow !

Apparently Messi is looking out . I'd say Italy rather than England but no doubt City will try everything to get him