Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday.

For those who didn't or couldn't see it..
    It was a difficult game to judge really because the camera angle was low and you couldn't see that far side of the pitch really. i hardly had a clue what Harvey Elliot contributed for example. Also the conditions were rain and a poor pitch.
    First half was more or less a first team. they were in control pretty much and it seemed almost like a training session.
    Second half, completely different eleven. Many more fringe players. Minamino looks sharp already and very tenacious for a player who doesn't look physically very big. I was impressed by Adrian in goal. Made a couple of good saves, which you would have expected him to make, but also was extremely vocal in marshalling the young and quite inexperienced back four. Get the feeling he is good in the dressing room, like Pepe Reina used to be.
    Van Den Berg didn't look very compelling. After 20 odd minutes he was replaced by Koumetio, a big 17 year old who i haven't seen before, i think an academy player. He looked pretty good in my opinion. Won everything in the air and was strong in the tackle.
    As Noodle said, the goals were not spectacular finishes, more a result of smart team build up.
    Tsimikas has got a good turn of speed and you could see him as a Robertson deputy, but after 45 minutes he looked absolutely knackered.

Cheers toxteth !
    Not been impressed with Van Den Berg either when Iíve seen him mate.

it's because he's ginger

What the Fuck have they been feeding that big centre half at the academy ? He's bloody massive and looks a decent prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    What the Fuck have they been feeding that big centre half at the academy ? He's bloody massive and looks a decent prospect.
    he did more in the time he had, than i've seen Van Den Berg ever do.

Billy the Kid - he looked good - 17 year old Frenchman 6' 3 " and still growing probably. A strapping lad who looked quite dominant and seemed to like getting forward and also seemed to have the switch pass. Maybe lots of things for 19x to like.
    Only caught the last 20 minutes and apparently that was all he played - but still impressive. Could he be ready to step up at such a young age?

PS just watched Dylian White get KOd quite early - decent boxer that Russian!

Thanks for being report toxteth.

Didn’t see the game, but it sounds like it was hard to judge. I’m most interested to see what we do with Brewster and Grujic. How many seasons has Grujic been away on loan? I would suggest it’s time that we took a dump or got off the pot. You can’t keep putting a player out on loan for ever.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Thanks for being report toxteth.

Didnít see the game, but it sounds like it was hard to judge. Iím most interested to see what we do with Brewster and Grujic. How many seasons has Grujic been away on loan? I would suggest itís time that we took a dump or got off the pot. You canít keep putting a player out on loan for ever.
    I think he'll leave with Wilson...

I just don't see any room for him sadly, wish he got a chance though he's a decent player

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I think he'll leave with Wilson...

I just don't see any room for him sadly, wish he got a chance though he's a decent player
    That's been our problem for 30 years mate. We've always had decent players with a few world class threw in. We're at a different level now with Jurgen and it's world class only.

Koumetio?

Yeah, fingers crossed there's a future there.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay