Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your team v Arsenal (Community Shield)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Any team news ?

@Noods will you be around for a matchthread ?
    Just about.

Can someone shed some light on who Tsimikas is please.
    I'm not a sheep, all views are my own.

Our new Greek left back

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Our new Greek left back
    Ok, thanks Miller.
    I'm not a sheep, all views are my own.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Georginio Wijnaldum's future is up in the air with suggestions he is directly linked to whether Liverpool sign Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago.
    I don't understand why Thiago coming would have any bearing on Gini's future, Thiago will almost certainly play in a 3 with Hendo and Gini and would be a huge upgrade on Fabinho as he is at present

I do have issues with several elements of Fabinho's game, he can create at times, but when he does or has it's from his high destroyer position, the issues for me are: He creates nothing from the deeper position and slows down and stifles our play, fails to find players between the lines or release our full backs with the ball in front of them, he lacks any sort of deep playmaking ability.

Our press is always well below it's best when Fabinho plays and he is the player that lets it get broken all too easily far too many times, while he might create occasionally from the high destroyer position, it's an issue for me because he gets caught ball watching, watching attacks develop and completely losing the player he should be picking up defending while we're attacking. All our other midfielders who played last season kept the press as it needs to be, always aware of the player who might be open for the counter should our attack break down, being in great positions to stop a counter should that happen and not getting ahead of their man when they shouldn't and not losing him entirely ball watching
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”