Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhian Brewster

Rhian Brewster

Did well on loan, did well against Salzburg.

Thought we might as well have a dedicated thread for his progress/how you want to utilise him/his player type and such.

He looks a better fit than Origi, but you'd want Brewster to play centrally I feel - and Minamino is probably the central back-up given that Firmino doesn't play a "typical" striker's role.

I don't think I'd want him utilised out wide as I'm not sure he's an excellent dribbler/trickster when squared up against an opposition full-back thus far - you want him between the centre-backs and close to the goal.

Will be interesting to see if he is loaned, kept around, or takes Origi's slot should we sell Origi.

He looks very promising anyway. Very promising indeed.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Serious question now, need a goal from the bench?

Who would you generally bring on?

Brewster for me, yes origi has had his moments but still.

there's not that many options... which is why we need to keep him will also be enough games for him in the season I think to play.

He needs playing time to develop his game. As Klopp has said, he is a brilliant finisher but needs to be more involved in the game over all ...like Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Serious question now, need a goal from the bench?

Who would you generally bring on?

Brewster for me, yes origi has had his moments but still.
    I'd bring on Brewster currently, for sure.

However it's nice to think we could potentially be a starter for us one day and if that were to be the case he will need to develop his all-round game and not just his finishing - to do that he needs a lot of minutes and Firmino is really reliable.

It's a nice problem to have rather than "Torres got injured with Spain again, stick N'gog on" but it's tricky to know exactly what to do for best. In a perfect World he goes on loan to Brighton, tears it up, Origi has a good enough season off the bench to command a decent fee at the end of the 20/21 season and Brewster comes in to challenge Firmino - but Football likes to throw complications up.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

There's a reason why he keeps getting loaned out, Klopp doesn't think he's ready or just not good enough. Should never have let Ings go, one of the top scorers last season and just got a call up for England.
    I'm not a sheep, all views are my own.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    There's a reason why he keeps getting loaned out, Klopp doesn't think he's ready or just not good enough. Should never have let Ings go, one of the top scorers last season and just got a call up for England.
    In hindsight you are probably right but when here Ings looked overawed - isn't the same playing for a club like Liverpool as a Burnley or Southampton - however he would have been great from the bench though he didn't seem happy to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    In hindsight you are probably right but when here Ings looked overawed - isn't the same playing for a club like Liverpool as a Burnley or Southampton - however he would have been great from the bench though he didn't seem happy to do that
    Ings never would have gotten to the level he is at right now if he was sitting on our bench playing 20-30 minutes here and there

No and he wanted to go to get game time, we didnít want him to leave.

He probably got fed up of not making the squad, when an always unfit Sturridge and the likes of Woodburn Origi and Solanke did.
    I'm not a sheep, all views are my own.

I liked Ings but come on! He has had a great season at Soton but really wasn't going to be effective in the way that we play. Good player but always a sub. The "drop down" in quality was stark when he would come on. That's not saying he is useless but just not what we needed.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"