Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your current best 11

First 11 could do with a midfield certain starter and a partner for Virgil.
    I know we need squad players for the front three but the other two are first 11 requirements

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    First 11 could do with a midfield certain starter and a partner for Virgil.
    I know we need squad players for the front three but the other two are first 11 requirements
    Do you honestly not think Gomez is good enough / needs the time and has the potential to become good enough?

I mean I share your love for Matip and do think at his best he's at least the third best CB in the league comfortably.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Needs time not 100% sure he’ll ever be good enough for first choice. Matip is a class act who’s career has been blighted by injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Needs time not 100% sure he’ll ever be good enough for first choice. Matip is a class act who’s career has been blighted by injuries.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    What's you current best 11? Personally I think bar RCM the team picks itself, RCM for me is Keita or Oxlade, but all players fit and firing, I think it's the only debatable spot that's up for grabs

Allison

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Oxlade/Keita Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

For me that's the team that facilitates this group of players playing at their very highest and most consistent levels

The press in this line up is the best it has ever been

We have better distribution particularly in releasing our full backs in time and space and finding our forwards in isolation against opposition defenders or creating opportunities with balls just over the opposition backline, that put one of our forwards in if they get through or create a situation in which we are able to win the second ball and create from there if they manage to half clear at a stretch because of the quality of the ball.

I remain hopeful Jurgen pursues his alleged interest in Alcantara, he has great vision and passing and crucially has the centre to left or right, right to left and left to right switch balls that are so incredibly important to the team functioning at its very highest levels. As we saw yesterday, no Henderson, no Liverpool, as at present he's our sole midfielder who can play those balls to the necessary level of quality, we need at least one more player who can, without our switches and the balls dropping just over defenders, even when they're on the edge of their own 18 yard box, we're a very pale imitation of the side who romped home to last season's Premier League title without a player in our 11 who can play those balls and it hugely limits our opportunities to stretch opposition teams and create
    Apart Gomez for Matip it was the starting line up today .
    Probably because Matip not fit for 90.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Apart Gomez for Matip it was the starting line up today .
    Probably because Matip not fit for 90.
    It was, I think I got it slightly wrong being honest, I think with that midfield 3 Keita has to play LCM, linking with Mane and Robbo and with Mo, making those runs from LCM when Mo is released at LFWD, all of that worked well in his best performances last season

A lot has changed with our signing Thiago

Could see a Keita Thiago Henderson midfield emerge as our best
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It was, I think I got it slightly wrong being honest, I think with that midfield 3 Keita has to play LCM, linking with Mane and Robbo and with Mo, making those runs from LCM when Mo is released at LFWD, all of that worked well in his best performances last season

A lot has changed with our signing Thiago

Could see a Keita Thiago Henderson midfield emerge as our best
    Can you foresee Hendo moving to CB eventually?
    Klopp has assembled maybe his dream midfield of Thiago, Fabinho (I know you don't rate him) and Keita (plus Gini who may/may not move on) but cannot see him wanting to lose Henderson.
    Last edited by scientificred; 19th September 2020 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added reasons

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Can you foresee Hendo moving to CB eventually?
    Klopp has assembled maybe his dream midfield of Thiago, Fabinho (I know you don't rate him) and Keita (plus Gini who may/may not move on) but cannot see him wanting to lose Henderson.
    I don't see that, Fabinho's the one most likely to play more at CB, Thiago will play in the centre

Allison

Trent Matip/Fabinho Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Thiago Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Genuinely really incredibly excited to see this now, 2 midfielders who can play the switch balls and balls over the top and through balls from deeper in our midfield, Thiago with that special ability to keep the ball moving quickly and to move it to different areas of the pitch quickly, Hendo putting in those crosses from RCM, playing those right to left switches, releasing Trent and getting in the box and being bale to press higher too. As exemplary as Hendo was at CM last season, we really missed his crossing and switch ability at RCM.

If Hendo can work incredibly hard as ever to learn to keep the ball moving and spreading the play as quickly, instantly and easily as Thiago does and Thiago can enahnce his pressing learning from Hendo, that midfield is going to be incredible.

The Thiago and Jota signings are also brilliant signings for the like of Jones and Elliott, players of finesse, quality and class for them to learn and develop from

Totally agree with your 11 Nineteen. Thought Hendo was controlling the midfield in the first half and it’s him and Thiago plus one for the midfield 3 and as Keita is so inconsistent, Ox is so injury prone and Fab is a better CB, it has to be Gini.