Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You got any spare needles?? i will get out the voodoo doll
    Ahhh. So I've finally found the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    They’d better be praying nothing happens to De Bruyne
    They lost him for most of the season a couple of years ago and it didn't hurt them too much

The more people who predict that Man City will win the title, the more we become an 'underdog', which is a tag that often suits us.

A lot of pundits/journalists and those on forums and comment sections tend to think that us not doing much in the transfer market could make us quite 'vulnerable' should we incur any injuries to any of our 'key' players, and/or because we've been playing at a high/intense level for a number of seasons, which is something they think could catch up with us, especially given what happened whilst Klopp was at Dortmund.

Its a typical pundit saying our high intense style will burn players out but most top clubs in England play that way.

I remember Neville saying we will get loads of hamstring injuries under Klopp happened at the start for a few players but since then the odd player.

Pundits try to sound more intelligent than they are without giving facts, compare that with Broad on the cricket when he said you go in the "red zone" you are at risk of injury soon he explained it doesnt work like that its more 7-10 days time where you are checked....that is the difference between a man speaking clearly compared to a man who HOPES we get injuries.

Today all feels a bit unreal to me. The first time I’ve missed the first home game of the season for 40 years. It still feels like pre-season.

I can’t help but think that home advantage pretty much goes out of the window until crowds are back, and in my honest opinion, that affects us more than most other teams in the league. We need to rediscover last season’s early form.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Today all feels a bit unreal to me. The first time I’ve missed the first home game of the season for 40 years. It still feels like pre-season.

I can’t help but think that home advantage pretty much goes out of the window until crowds are back, and in my honest opinion, that affects us more than most other teams in the league. We need to rediscover last season’s early form.
    The lack of any kind of 'home advantage' is another reason that has been raised numerous times in regards to our perceived 'vulnerability' this season.

Having no home crowd didn't affect us since the restart, we won 3 out of the remaining 4 home games, and drew the other so i take what the doubters say with a pinch of salt.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Its a typical pundit saying our high intense style will burn players out but most top clubs in England play that way.

I remember Neville saying we will get loads of hamstring injuries under Klopp happened at the start for a few players but since then the odd player.

Pundits try to sound more intelligent than they are without giving facts, compare that with Broad on the cricket when he said you go in the "red zone" you are at risk of injury soon he explained it doesnt work like that its more 7-10 days time where you are checked....that is the difference between a man speaking clearly compared to a man who HOPES we get injuries.
    I think this is just lazy punditry. They see the high octane style of Klopp at Dortmund and in the first couple of seasons at Liverpool but completely ignore the fact that the team has evolved over the last couple of seasons and are now efficient at managing games without having to go at full throttle for extended periods

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Having no home crowd didn't affect us since the restart, we won 3 out of the remaining 4 home games, and drew the other so i take what the doubters say with a pinch of salt.
    Imagine thinking players actually care about fans that much.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but rarely they do.

Give me 200k a week and i'd say about the fans and make out i care in interviews- it's all for show. and i'd imagine a lot of players have learned to block out the crowd for various reasons.

like a average person, they always want to win games, like you would in a 5v5
    Last edited by Kev0909; 12th September 2020 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post

It's crazy. Normally I've a couple of matches booked for now until the New year. But not this year,nothing to look forward too. (As yet)