Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leeds

Come on lads, we're defending Champions for the first time in 30 years.

If we can't keep it light today when can we?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Come on lads, we're defending Champions for the first time in 30 years.

If we can't keep it light today when can we?
    It will all be good when we score in the first 5 mins !

Enjoying watching football again tbh Crystal Palace vs Southampton next which is probably the worst game of the day

but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Of course it would be better to play with fans inside stadiums, but it's the same for everyone and they just have to get on with it. If we lose some games at home, i doubt anyone would want to blame the lack of atmosphere for it, and hopefully other teams who suffer home defeats don't use that excuse either.
    The thing is that it's not the same for everyone. You have grounds/fans like ours who can help our team whilst hindering the opposition, and then you have teams such as Arsenal whose atmosphere can get very toxic very quickly, or even Man City with their complete lack of atmosphere at times.

Obviously the support a team gets from those in the ground and the atmosphere they create is not the most important thing when it comes to how the team generally performs, but it does make a difference, and in sport (as with many other aspects of life) the difference between winning and losing often comes down fine margins, and thus marginal gains such as the support a team gets can be critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    But for that it's different, England Cricket at home-- we're talking about going to different country's very often to play- and a different sport all together last's longer etc, it's not just 90 mins
    Yes it is but players on the whole whatever sport will want to play in front of 30-70k it gets the juices going.

I know they cant do that and have to get on with it how it is but imo it is abit shit and most people I have spoke to agree, but as we get sucked into the game we watch it regardless.

Lets just hope we get the win later.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    The thing is that it's not the same for everyone. You have grounds/fans like ours who can help our team whilst hindering the opposition, and then you have teams such as Arsenal whose atmosphere can get very toxic very quickly, or even Man City with their complete lack of atmosphere at times.

Obviously the support a team gets from those in the ground and the atmosphere they create is not the most important thing when it comes to how the team generally performs, but it does make a difference, and in sport (as with many other aspects of life) the difference between winning and losing often comes down fine margins, and thus marginal gains such as the support a team gets can be critical.
    We should be good enough to win most of our home games, empty stadium or not. I'd be more concerned if we lost our front three, Van Dijk or Alisson for any length of time more than any missing fans.
    Last edited by skyebo; 12th September 2020 at 03:11 PM.
    I'm not a sheep, all views are my own.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yes it is but players on the whole whatever sport will want to play in front of 30-70k it gets the juices going.

I know they cant do that and have to get on with it how it is but imo it is abit shit and most people I have spoke to agree, but as we get sucked into the game we watch it regardless.

Lets just hope we get the win later.
    Football without fans is wank, the fake crowd noise makes it worse imo on tv.
    Roll on october.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Roll on october.
    I do agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Roll on october.
    Is it only on TV or also in the stadium?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We should be good enough to win most of our home games, empty stadium or not. I'd be more concerned if we lost our front three, Van Dijk or Alisson for any length of time more than any missing fans.
    Most people would agree with that, but that's very different to saying that a lack of fans has no impact whatsoever, as it obviously does.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Is it only on TV or also in the stadium?
    Only on tv. In the darts they have the crowd noise in the arena as well.