Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your team v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Matip and Gomez apply sick leave together?
    They should be sponsored by BUPA, especially Matip.
    I'm not a sheep, all views are my own.

They are going to play really deep and block midfield with 3 centre midfielders.. And play on the counter. we need to keep possession well today..
    Leader of all..master of none..

Don't see anyone on the bench that could fill in at centre back as an emergency.
    I think Jordan and Gini have both played there in extreme emergency.
    According to my memory Jordan did alright there, but Gini was less than convincing.
    Not sure about Fab and Trent as the main resistance to a rampaging Werner.
    I didn't think Thiago would even get on the bench today, because his role is one of the more nuanced and pivotal ones which i think needs time for him to get used to in our set up.
    Then again he seems like a very intelligent player and has played at massive clubs. So if he is on the bench, then I would expect him to come on for some minutes. depends on how the game is going.

I wonder would Napoli let us have Kouabaily on tick aswell ?

Team confirmed

Allison

Trent Fabinho Van Dijk Robertson

Wijnaldum Henderson Keita

Salah Firmino Mane

I think Keita has to play at LCM, the right side of our defence needs the support Gini or Hendo offer them far more and Keita's best performances in a red shirt have come playing at LCM

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's be especially solid defensively, look to rob Chelsea in midfield and with our press and be clinical with our chances and opportunities to create them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Naby needs to show it today and Bobby needs a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Then again he seems like a very intelligent player and has played at massive clubs. So if he is on the bench, then I would expect him to come on for some minutes. depends on how the game is going.
    I'm not at all surprised, he is a top quality player and if needed I can see him coming on at CM with Hendo going to RCM and Gini to LCM and having a huge influence
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why he's played better than Gomez lately when he's played there?

Klopp can't win!

we're not going to be able to afford this top CB everyone wants so deal with it

Why do you think we're keeping 7 midfielders by the looks of it, 1 is the 4th cb - Fabinho.
    That's not exactly a hard thing to do given that Gomez has at best been 'erratic' as of late. His positioning is atrocious at times and often leaves us seriously exposed and hoping that VVD bails us out. And before anyone starts trying to make out I've got it in for Gomez, I haven't. I've just been listening to a few LFC podcasts and reading a few articles and forums and it seems that many Reds see exactly what I see and feel exactly as I do.

I don't know who is to blame for us not having a good, consistent, fit partner for VVD. All I know is that we could do with a good, consistent and fit CB. It's nonsense that the reigning PL champions, the 2019 CL winners, a potential record sponsorship deal signing, low net spending, fifth richest/wealthiest/biggest brand in world football cannot afford a new CB.