Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Jota

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Anyone happy with the investment and desire to back the manager displayed by FSG?
    More than happy.

Tell you when the window closes ...

We won't have a recognised understudy striker if Origi goes in this window. I'm sure Klopp is aware of this, so maybe that could be his next target.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Anyone happy with the investment and desire to back the manager displayed by FSG?
    Thiago seems a very good acquisition himself, if Gini leaves even more important.
    Nice to see us nicking a top player from Bayern since they stole our CL title temporarily.

Jota given his price tag should provide some competition and relief.
    As much as i love our backup players, imo weve struggled without having an option that Klopp seems to have confidence in up top. One he'll readily deploy.
    Minamino seems to be one Klopp has confidence in still but hes spent a wedge on Jota.

Mbappe might have to be next year as PSG seem adamant on keeping him for another year and yet he seems resolute in not extending his contract beyond the 2 years left on it.

Im happy enough to see new faces arrive. No thoughts on tsimikas.

Yes and No I guess. Great that weve brought in 3 players who improve us in terms of squad cover and first team upgrades. However the cost isnt an immediately high cost outlay, its staggered payments etc and we'll probably end the window with more cash in that has gone out and I personally along with others see one if our crown jewels being sold next year which will cover the cost of this summer probably twice over.
    They have backed the manager no doubt but investment in the squad I'm not so sure about that.

He's definitely one no one had down as a possible target. Hopefully it works out for him and more proof our scouting network just doesn't go for the big names and they do what their job describes, scouting.

Don’t know a great deal about him to be honest but I find it strange that we spend £40m odd on him but wouldn’t go for one of the best young strikers in the world for a smidge more.

Maybe Werner did choose Chelsea over us because of guaranteed game time.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Don’t know a great deal about him to be honest but I find it strange that we spend £40m odd on him but wouldn’t go for one of the best young strikers in the world for a smidge more.

Maybe Werner did choose Chelsea over us because of guaranteed game time.
    I think Leipzig wanted all the money up front and we agreed with Wolves on instalments, like we did with Tiago. Also Jota is on a reported £80 grand a week were as Werner was looking over £200 grand. Over a 5 year contract it adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yes and No I guess. Great that weve brought in 3 players who improve us in terms of squad cover and first team upgrades. However the cost isnt an immediately high cost outlay, its staggered payments etc and we'll probably end the window with more cash in that has gone out and I personally along with others see one if our crown jewels being sold next year which will cover the cost of this summer probably twice over.
    They have backed the manager no doubt but investment in the squad I'm not so sure about that.
    Why is it a bad thing that we'll sell one of the three amigos next year?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Why is it a bad thing that we'll sell one of the three amigos next year?
    Because they make up the best front 3 in world football ?