Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Jota

Always have to keep refreshing the squad tk maintain position among the best. No room for sentiment in football. Get tge brst of tge lads. Move them on at the perfect time for profit to performance ratio and replace or hVe the next one coming through. Let the juves and Milan of the world overpay for their last months of top form.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Always have to keep refreshing the squad tk maintain position among the best. No room for sentiment in football. Get tge brst of tge lads. Move them on at the perfect time for profit to performance ratio and replace or hVe the next one coming through. Let the juves and Milan of the world overpay for their last months of top form.
    Agree, we want to get to the point where we are dominant with other traditional big clubs waiting to sign some of our players on their last contracts.
    With Mane/Salah think theyd retain their value and fee at age 30, the other can retire here imo or move on at a later age ala the rumoured milner to leeds type of transfer

Fucksake Eggy mate, Have you started early 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Exactly- but doesn't mean we can find the same quality at the same price does it?

It's not that easy, doesn't mean they'll be anywhere near as good- or settle etc etc

Coutinho best 3 in the world? you drunk?

"Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Because they make up the best front 3 in world football "

?
    So were Pele, Coutinho and Pepe,
    Kev, do you maybe want to take a moment to bring your thoughts in order and then get back to me? This is gibberish.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Then keep them and we get the best out of them. The money people at the club are being very shrewd at the minute. Theyre Giving off vibes that we have no money and quite rightly considering the world at the minute. But while we're winning on the pitch the money will keep rolling in off it.
    I'd keep the main 3 as long as possible and rotate with one or two other younger players.
    For me that's why we've went for Jota.
    But we've already got the best of them, no? If we sell one next summer and one - the summer after, they'll have been 29 and 30. If they net us 300m in the process, I think it's a gamble worth taking that they'll dip at some point in their 30s. Not to mention how much their wages will likely balloon.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    But we've already got the best of them, no? If we sell one next summer and one - the summer after, they'll have been 29 and 30. If they net us 300m in the process, I think it's a gamble worth taking that they'll dip at some point in their 30s. Not to mention how much their wages will likely balloon.
    Exactly.

For talk's sake, Salah is sold at the end of the season.

17/18.
    18/19.
    19/20.
    20/21.

What he'll have given us over those 4 seasons will almost certainly better what he would give us in 21/22, 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25, where he will likely cost more (as his contract gets upgraded for one last hypothetical pay-out) with a depreciating value that can't be re-invested.

Or indeed, Mane, who has already given us 16/17, 17/18, 18/19 and 19/20 - he has started a FIFTH season with us, where we only got 3 and a half years from Torres or Suarez. Firmino has started his SIXTH season with us too and has been a big part of helping to get us to where we are.

Being able to retain players has been just as important as the capacity to acquire new ones.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Fucksake Eggy mate, Have you started early 😂😂
    Its this fecking Samsung phone. Predictive text my arse. Predictive jibberish. Cant be arsed reading back over the whole post to correct it. Its like on of those reading tests you see on face book where the revers the order and change letter but you can still read it.

I think you two lads play far to much football manager 😂😂

Its this fecking Samsung phone. Predictive text my arse. Predictive jibberish. Cant be arsed reading back over the whole post to correct it. Its like on of those reading tests you see on face book where the revers the order and change letter but you can still read it.
    Ha ha , I'm the same.

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!