Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thiago analogy

The Thiago analogy

It's like I've been driving in the French countryside, and come across a small vineyard, untouched by the masses,
    The owner is proud of his stock and allows a sampling of a wine that has hints of spanish and german grapes.
    Thats Thiago today, last time I felt that calmness was watching VVD in his first game.
    Wow, simply wow.
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

He used to regularly host barbecues for his team mates while at Bayern, just so he could say "Can you smell what the Thiago is cooking"
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

About time we see some class in midfield again, it's been too long...

Finally a bit of quality!! he seems a bit rash in some of the challenges he made/attempted to make but I think that he was just trying too hard and nothing major like

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He used to regularly host barbecues for his team mates while at Bayern, just so he could say "Can you smell what the Thiago is cooking"
    Stick to mirror training.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    About time we see some class in midfield again, it's been too long...

Finally a bit of quality!! he seems a bit rash in some of the challenges he made/attempted to make but I think that he was just trying too hard and nothing major like
    I don't think he was rash at all, the pen was never a pen, it was a class piece of play by Thiago, Werner dived and fooled the ref, a couple of times he was just slightly off the pace in his attempted tackle

he was exactly the player this team needed, we only had Hendo who had the necessary distribution to facilitate this team playing at it's very highest levels in our entire midfield contingent, Thiago has a greater array of distribution in his locker, what he does do that's better than any of our midfielders is keep the ball moving very quickly, adjust his position to have it back then play thpse switch passes to move play to another area of the pitch.

Pressing wise he fits in but won't be as formidable as Hendo, as Hendo's always orchestrating the press and scanning to check his positioning to make sure it's at its highest levels and taking positions to make tackles or join attacks at the right time, Thiago leaves himself further off players and he's always moving, staying the right side of potentially outlets for a counter, looking to be free to receive the ball and where the next pass can go.

I think they will compliment each other perfectly as a player can't do both those things to the levels each does their thing at the same time

I think people fail to appreciate how tight and precise Henderson is in the press and why it's so much better when he plays, go back and watch Hendo and how he stepped in to make Bobby's goals v Wolves and Tottenham last season, it was press perfection

It was a nice game to be introduced into and showed some classy touches

But let’s not get too carried away. They were a man light in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Stick to mirror training.
    He does look like The Rock though

Should it of been a penalty against him? It looked like Werner tripped himself over.

I didn't mean just that, was a few challenges that nearly was- that would have got him booked if he connected, but thankfully he didn't, it's a shame I can't re-watch the game and post the clips I mean, like I said nothing major.

Was no need to run in from behind though for the pen too, but didn't cost us anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I didn't mean just that, was a few challenges that nearly was- that would have got him booked if he connected, but thankfully he didn't, it's a shame I can't re-watch the game and post the clips I mean, like I said nothing major.

Was no need to run in from behind though for the pen too, but didn't cost us anyway
    His action for the pen that never should have been given was class not reckless, the seasoned professionals knack of doing just enough to put the player off without fouling them, unfortunately, the ref bought Werners dive. No need to post clips Kev, I know exactly the challenges you are talking about, 2 of them were actually very cute, he knew exactly what he was doing and was never going to make contact