Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mane

It can be frustrating - Mané has looked unplayable at times but it is true Klopp is in the results business and we all want the club to take a maximum. We need more ways to win..,formations become stale and easier to counter after time - developing new ones is always part of the plan. Will always be teething problems with any change. Personally I think he has gone too long with the old template which was heavy on legs and over reliant on workhorses. The next level is reached IMO with a slower more controlled - higher quality game. The owners are not going to bankroll a big enough squad to compete on more than 2 ( at the very maximum ) fronts. We need to conserve and tread carefully with players now or we will have huge holes in the first 11.

I would especially like him to be a little quicker to change the subs. I mean waiting for the 70th minute yesterday very nearly cost us 2 points. It was obvious after 25 mins that it wasn’t working.

He is a stubborn one is our Jurgen.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st November 2020 at 10:38 AM.

Alcantara might be a sign that Klopp agrees with your wish for a more controlled game plan, Steveo.

I think we're kind of seeing it - we've not been just outrunning and outpressing teams for a while now like we used to up until 2018. Maybe you're right and it's time for the next step forward.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

All top class games are televised, broadcast, recorded.
    This, obviously, means that sides can analyse the flick out of our game play.
    Presumably this is why Jurgen and the backroom are looking for different ways to achieve the same result - Liverpool F. C. becoming legendary.

Wouldn't worry about mane we have bigger problems

If firmino played better too, i'm pretty sure mane would also they work as a unit or well did but he's not helping him at all

But firmino stinks, at the moment like pure stink, that farm smell? you know?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st November 2020 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It can be frustrating - Mané has looked unplayable at times but it is true Klopp is in the results business and we all want the club to take a maximum. We need more ways to win..,formations become stale and easier to counter after time - developing new ones is always part of the plan. Will always be teething problems with any change. Personally I think he has gone too long with the old template which was heavy on legs and over reliant on workhorses. The next level is reached IMO with a slower more controlled - higher quality game. The owners are not going to bankroll a big enough squad to compete on more than 2 ( at the very maximum ) fronts. We need to conserve and tread carefully with players now or we will have huge holes in the first 11.

I would especially like him to be a little quicker to change the subs. I mean waiting for the 70th minute yesterday very nearly cost us 2 points. It was obvious after 25 mins that it wasn’t working.

He is a stubborn one is our Jurgen.
    I actually don't believe it's the reason for any of the changes, i think a small part of it is down to the number of games, but it is mostly because of the injury to Virgil, we started the season in our usual set up, with Mane, Mo and Robbo on fire, had that horrendous result v Villa because Jurgen picked the midfield that doesn't work, were brilliant again v the bitters as we'd usually line up, but robbed by VAR, and i think the nature of the 2 conceded after Virgil went off, is what brought it about
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Could also be possible there's an element of 'working on things' ahead of the game v UAE FC as winning that one will be huge at this stage of the season. It's one of the few fixtures in which Mane in our 433 is kept very quiet because Walker plays him very well, so some practice at being in that different space with Mo up top and 2 off him a little deeper who immediately start runs when either of our full backs or Hendo have it in deeper positions they can drop one/angle one over the top of their CBs might be what's being prepared, could see that working very well too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”