Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Manchester City v Liverpool (Match Thread)

I do think the Away form will pick up justme - and would still be amazed if it took 90 points to win the Title.

Hopefully we beat Leicester and there's a convenient result in the Spurs v City match, then a win for us against Atalanta.

Fabinho would likely be back in the fray, Trent would hopefully be approaching return from injury, Thiago may even be close by then and if (if!) we beat Atalanta we can see the necessary rotation to rest some of our players in the remaining group games going into a busy spell of the season, where we have a couple of "easier" games and might manage further snippets of rotation - the likes of Fulham we should manage 8/11 rather than 11/11 of our best side and still get the win.

Just two more good results opens a door for some recharge. Fingers crossed!

Why didn't we get anything given when Cancelo handled ?. To me there was no difference between that and Gomez.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Why didn't we get anything given when Cancelo handled ?. To me there was no difference between that and Gomez.
    Not sure. What is sure though is the whole debacle around the ball to hand issue needs to be changed. Its utter nonsense. It's annoying that upto now the ref has not reversed one VAR decision after touchline review. Its like they're scared to apply common sense. Pauson knew that wasnt handball but they are in the spotlight if they overturn it. Imagine if the likes of Graham Poll were reffing now, he'd be overturning decisions left,right and centre. He loved his celebrity ref status.

Because we are being slightly less favoured this season with VAR..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Not sure. What is sure though is the whole debacle around the ball to hand issue needs to be changed. Its utter nonsense. It's annoying that upto now the ref has not reversed one VAR decision after touchline review. Its like they're scared to apply common sense. Pauson knew that wasnt handball but they are in the spotlight if they overturn it. Imagine if the likes of Graham Poll were reffing now, he'd be overturning decisions left,right and centre. He loved his celebrity ref status.
    Definitely Tees.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Because we are being slightly less favoured this season with VAR..
    Seems so Justme.

What do people think about the 4-2-4 or variables on that system? IE the likes of Jota and Firmino being in midfield. Even seen Mane drop off into the middle and even Salah. It looks very fluid.
    You can play like that against City if you control the ball well..Which we did for the most part yesterday. .Personally you couldnt go into a game against the likes of West-Ham or Sheffield united who press you physically in the middle we would be outnumbered. Its a way of playing.
    But i still prefer the 4/3/3 over all. Just need some contributions from our midfielders. Hopefully Curtis Jones will start to get a few has the season progressives. Hes more likely to score than Gini or Henderson.. These two tend to do the dirty work in the centre..

Apart from losing the ball once in a dangerous area, I thought Wijnaldum was our best player yesterday. Still cant believe hes not signed an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I think it's because his arm didn't make his "silhouette" any larger.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Ok, thanks Bali.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    And Gomez was doing a star jump?. These handball rules are pathetic.