Diogo Jota has today been named as Liverpool's Standard Chartered Player of the Month for October.
The Portugal forward scooped the accolade following a fan vote on this website after striking three times in seven appearances.
Jota pipped Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane to the prize and he told Liverpoolfc.com: “I’m very proud. It’s always a nice thing. I just want to thank the people who voted for me.
“I just wish I can keep working hard and keep getting results for the team, that’s what matters the most.”
Watch: Jota on winning October Player of the Month
Jota contributed three goals in as many Anfield matches to conclude October, beginning with a headed winner against Sheffield United.
The 23-year-old followed that up by netting in the Champions League tie with FC Midtjylland before coming off the bench to sweep in the decisive effort in a 2-1 success over West Ham United.
Asked if he had a favourite moment, Jota said: “Each goal is important to help the team. They were decisive goals. If I had to choose one, maybe the headed one because I don’t often score a lot of headers, so that’s a special moment.”
The summer signing’s outstanding form since joining from Wolverhampton Wanderers in mid-September has made him an instant fan favourite.

With matches continuing to be played behind closed doors, Jota has yet to experience the thrill of celebrating directly with Reds supporters - but he nevertheless feels a strong connection from afar.
“I also said that when I scored my first goal: I just wish the stadium could be full for an even more special moment. But I can feel their support on social media, even on the streets. I can feel them,” said the No.20.
“Of course, having them in the stadium is a different thing, I just wish that can happen again very soon. But I feel their support and I appreciate that, I’m thankful for that. And I just hope, like I said, we can keep winning games.”
Both Jota and Liverpool have carried their form into November so far, with a 5-0 win at Atalanta BC and a 3-0 defeat of Leicester City sandwiching a 1-1 draw against Manchester City.
The attacker delivered a sumptuous hat-trick in the Champions League victory over Atalanta and powered in another header on Sunday when the Foxes were beaten.
[embedded content]

So, how closely are he and the Reds meeting their targets?
“Yes, this last game shows we are doing things right. Even the clean sheet, that was not happening a lot in the Premier League. That was really important,” said Jota.
“We scored three as well, we created a lot of chances, so I think we are on the right path. We just want to keep on working and keep getting results.”
Standard Chartered Player of the Month 2020-21
October: Diogo Jota
September: Sadio Mane

More...