Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Brighton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think its evident our best 3 in midfield is Fabinho/Henderson/Wijnaldum. Nothing spectacular in there. But they do the job. I worry about the half and half situation ie. Firmino and Minamino Firmino and Jota etc.
    You still need 3 centrally to control the game (imo). Firmino is a false 9 and nothing else. It may work with Jota and Bobby..But am not sure to be honest.
    When Thiago gets fit it's Gini Hendo and any one of several others on the right, Hendo's simply miles better than Fabinho at CM and yes it is CM now, it's no longer a DM position as it once was that Fab was bought for and he IS NOT a midfielder
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Wonder if we'll see our best midfield together any time this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    When Thiago gets fit it's Gini Hendo and any one of several others on the right, Hendo's simply miles better than Fabinho at CM and yes it is CM now, it's no longer a DM position as it once was that Fab was bought for and he IS NOT a midfielder
    Go to hell.

Fabhino is a terrific holding midfielder.. Hendo is much better in a 2 in front of him.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Thats the old line again "what he does away from home".. you neglect the facts we have lost something like 5 games in the last 2 and bit years and Wijnaldum as played nearly all them games..
    if he goes he will be MASSIVE loss.
    I'm sorry but for me in quite a few of those games it has been a case of getting positive results 'despite' him, not 'because' of him.

It may be a loss if he goes, but depending on who/what we have planned to replace him, it may not be as 'devastating' as some think it will be. Some may currently feel more strongly about his possible departure simply because of the number of players we currently have missing.

Difficult to legislate for injuries but we've got a few "glass" players on the books currently - Matip, Ox, Keita, Shaqiri and Thiago. Gomez is probably in that group.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I'm sorry but for me in quite a few of those games it has been a case of getting positive results 'despite' him, not 'because' of him.

It may be a loss if he goes, but depending on who/what we have planned to replace him, it may not be as 'devastating' as some think it will be. Some may currently feel more strongly about his possible departure simply because of the number of players we currently have missing.
    He's the only midfielder that's not constantly out for fuck sake, how won't he be a loss?

and fabinho

Rest of the midfield made of glass good job we've got the most depth there, shame most are bang average or always injured

it's shocking really is

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post

Have you seen Klopps reaction you can tell he doenst want Gini to leave.. has for someone coming in.. WHO and how much? we will have to sell one our forwards to pay for him
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Big dilemma for the game with Ajax with Millie out, because if the question is who to play at RB, the answer is never Neco Williams

Thought Klopp got the subs wrong, should have kept Mo on and hooked Minamino and let Jota operate as the advanced midfielder between the lines

NEVER EVER a fucking pen, still absolutely fuming, so those fuckers at the Refs association can steer a ref in the direction of that which was something or nothing in real time, didn't stop Wellbeck getting to the ball, didn't bring him down, it was the slightest slightest of clips and Wellback's touch had knocked the ball back away from goal, but they can't steer the ref in the direction of the most blatant red card foul we've seen all season with Prickford fouling Virgil?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Big dilemma for the game with Ajax with Millie out, because if the question is who to play at RB, the answer is never Neco Williams

Thought Klopp got the subs wrong, should have kept Mo on and hooked Minamino and let Jota operate as the advanced midfielder between the lines

NEVER EVER a fucking pen, still absolutely fuming, so those fuckers at the Refs association can steer a ref in the direction of that which was something or nothing in real time, didn't stop Wellbeck getting to the ball, didn't bring him down, it was the slightest slightest of clips and Wellback's touch had knocked the ball back away from goal, but they can't steer the ref in the direction of the most blatant red card foul we've seen all season with Prickford fouling Virgil?
    The only other player that can play at RB is fabinho unless he plays the greek there or something, or try robby there...

bring back clyne

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    not in front of a bloody camera for a start !!
    He is feeling the strain as are his overworked players. He has been here before sadly. Just hope we aren’t about to witness a Dortmund like meltdown