Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Wolves (Match Thread)

We even sent our keeper out with his name spelt wrong on the back of his shirt for the first half 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    There is talk of Wijnaldum going to Barca, but why the hell would he want to go there unless they offered him stupid money? They are falling apart at the seams, and Messi isn't going to be around and/or the quintessential Messi for much longer.
    Thats the rumour also Koeman not last long either.

Gini isnt the right type for Barcelona to go for in terms of age plus they are pretty average now.

Not saying he wont go but I agree with you surely not to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Also remember all the times I've come on match threads and said "alright, 2-0, let's not play any more footie tonight lads, please"? For about 15 minutes today we saw what I've been calling for for a while. Just pass it about and let time run out. Then pounce if you really must.
    Yeah there's definitely a lot to be said for "resting on the ball" - especially with a schedule like that of this season.

Also remember all the times I've come on match threads and said "alright, 2-0, let's not play any more footie tonight lads, please"? For about 15 minutes today we saw what I've been calling for for a while. Just pass it about and let time run out. Then pounce if you really must.
    This and this again. So composed and that was v a very good Wolves.

The start of next level football IMO

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Thats the rumour also Koeman not last long either.

Gini isnt the right type for Barcelona to go for in terms of age plus they are pretty average now.

Not saying he wont go but I agree with you surely not to them.
    I agree. He'll retire a multi millionaire, if he wants to live in Barcelona he can do so then. Not now Gini stay and win more with us.

I'm made up after that...Great all round team performance, made it look easy. And i for one wasn't expecting it to be. Salah MoM for me, non stop little dynamo, and love seeing his arms go straight up even when another scores...Do we realise how spoilt we are?

Great times
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    how can we go from making brighton look good, and they boss are midfield to controlling against wolves 100% ??

Dominated em tonight
    Not sure mate, like Steveo says we can be hot and cold. Great show from everyone. Kelleher has really impressed me, ill be surprised if Adrian plays for us again without meaning to be harsh on the guy. Kelleher looks much more assured and confident.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    There is talk of Wijnaldum going to Barca, but why the hell would he want to go there unless they offered him stupid money? They are falling apart at the seams, and Messi isn't going to be around and/or the quintessential Messi for much longer.
    But how would they even offer him that?? They're poor like the rest of us now.

At a guess I'd say he probably just wants a change of scenery. England is nice and all, but I'm sure Spain ain't half bad. Besides, he's won the PL and CL and at Barca he can be the "main" man in the middle of the park. Here he'll always be in Hendo's shadow and won't ever be as lauded as Thiago is bound to become.... flimsy I know. Not sure I understand it either tbh.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

But how would they even offer him that?? They're poor like the rest of us now.

At a guess I'd say he probably just wants a change of scenery. England is nice and all, but I'm sure Spain ain't half bad. Besides, he's won the PL and CL and at Barca he can be the "main" man in the middle of the park. Here he'll always be in Hendo's shadow and won't ever be as lauded as Thiago is bound to become.... flimsy I know. Not sure I understand it either tbh.
    My understanding is that the club are ok with him leaving. I think they don't want to boost his wages, he understands that and therefore is looking to leave on amicable terms. Barcelona seem keen, so why not?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Would be gutted to see him go. Always available, very professional, puts a smile on your face when he is on it.

If he does decide to leave, nobody can say he huffed or sulked. Someone would be getting a bargain.

Wonder if Juventus or Bayern Munich consider him. Barca are a shambles, just seems a very odd place to go right now. No point linking with Koeman if he might be vulnerable to the sack. It's the same with Mbappe wanting Real Madrid "because of Zidane" as if any Real Madrid manager has a safe job!