Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Ibrahima Konaté

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He's a big fucking unit, isn't he.
    Not to mention his 23rd birthday isn't until May - in centre-back career terms he's nowhere near what should be his prime - NOWHERE near - but is already bloody good.

There will be mistakes and teething issues at some stage. Totally normal part of his development. But with Matip and Van Dijk to learn from and years ahead of him. Wow. What a prospect.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I'll bet hes got some weapon on him.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'll bet hes got some weapon on him.
    I haven't laughed much lately, but that has made me smile.
    Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I haven't laughed much lately, but that has made me smile.
    Thanks mate.
    The joke or the thought of Konate's humungous bbc?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Hilariously talented at 22.

Has so, so, so much time ahead of him to develop even further.

The Anfield Beast.

He scares me and I only viewing him from a screen. imagine how the forwards feel coming up against him?? He will make errors but all players do.. But so far. He's made very few for someone his age.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Still a lot more to come from him, he's sorted his feet out a bit over the season, addressed one of his weaknesses where he could get caught out a little at times, he has better passing than he has shown so far, more than capable of the long passes to find players in isolation Virgil plays and at playing balls through the lines that take 4 or 5 opposition players out of the game on occasion

I never had any doubts about him, because for me he always fitted the profile of what Jurgen looks for in a CB and had every single attribute of that in abundance which are also the attributes that are most beneficial to our team

He has also improved his heading at offensive set pieces, when I was watching him at Leipzig, he was great defensively and at defensive set pieces, but he didn't really threaten with headers at attacking set pieces, I didn't see there was any reason at all why he shouldn't with the right coaching and team who work on set pieces, so I always maintained he would be excellent at both attacking and defensive set pieces and so it has proved

There's still so much more to come, it's ridiculously exciting watching players improve and develop under Jurgen and our coaching team, he is a beast, he's going to be even more of a beast