11.28am BST
Sean Dyche speaks: Unlike their hosts, Burnley are unlikely to play in a particularly positive way today and Sean Dyche said yesterday that their win in January will have no bearing whatsoever on their approach to the match.
“I don’t think our win there last time will make us more optimistic, we caught them at a very good time and we played very well,” he said. “Last season they had some injuries, lost Van Dijk who is a Rolls Royce player, and we maybe caught them at a slower period and earned the right to win a game.
11.28am BST
Jurgen Klopp speaks: Asked yesterday if he sees today’s match as something of a revenge mission following last season’s defeat in the corresponding fixture, Jurgen Klopp admitted the thought hadn’t even crossed his mind ... until he’d been asked the question.
“Not in a moment, sitting here to be honest,” he said. “I didn’t even think about it. Now you have told me, that’s something I didn’t like. It was a strange one. Yes we lost it, Burnley won it, that’s how football is, so well deserved. But it obviously has nothing to do with the game now.”
11.27am BST
11.27am BST
Liverpool midfielders Jordan Henderson and Thiago Alcantara participated in a behind-closed-doors games against Aston Villa during the week, have both been given a clean bill of health and are likely to feature in today’s matchday squad. Curtis Jones is also available having sat out last weekend’s win over Norwich after suffering a concussion. Andy Robertson remains sidelined with an ankle injury, with Kostas Tsimikas likely to deputise for the Scottish left-back again. Fabinho will not be in Liverpool’s squad today as he comes to terms with the sad recent news of his father’s passing.
11.27am BST
Related: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend
11.27am BST
The weekend’s Premier League action kicks off at Anfield, where visitors Burnley raised eyebrows by ending Liverpool’s 68-match home unbeaten run in January. Few are expecting Burnley to triumph today, with the players of Liverpool likely to be spurred on by the prospect of lining up in front of a packed Anfield for the first time in 17 months, during which time they captured and went on to relinquish their first league title in 30 years behind closed doors. Kick-off on Merseyside is at 12.30pm (BST) but stay tuned in the meantime for team news and build-up.
Related: Liverpool v Burnley: match preview
Continue reading...

More...