Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The 'working harder than ever every day to continue to improve and evolve to be the best players they can possibly be for the team and individually' element of our make up that was so integral to our winning the Champions League and Premier League seems to have deserted most of our players since they won those 2 trophies, too busy sucking their own dicks it would seem
    Think that's a little on the harsh side to be fair.

We've played 35 (I think) matches in all competitions already this season, losing just the two games. Yes, I was disappointed that we threw a few wins away into draws, before anyone brings it up. It's done now.

In the League Cup Final.
    Through to the 5th round of the FA Cup.
    Won all 6 of our Champion's League games.
    Navigated the period where our star forwards were at AFCON.
    Handled spells of wavering form for Trent, Mane, Robertson, Henderson at different times whilst coping with Van Dijk working his way back towards his best and Father Time finally catching up to Milner's legs, whilst trying to bring some youth through and make better use of Minamino while Origi's been out, juggling the midfield pieces when Thiago's absent and navigating the League Cup without Alisson.

I think they're doing alright personally. Hopefully they can find those last few drops of juice in the coming months as it will happen very fast.

Well said Sid. Exactly my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Think that's a little on the harsh side to be fair.

We've played 35 (I think) matches in all competitions already this season, losing just the two games. Yes, I was disappointed that we threw a few wins away into draws, before anyone brings it up. It's done now.

In the League Cup Final.
    Through to the 5th round of the FA Cup.
    Won all 6 of our Champion's League games.
    Navigated the period where our star forwards were at AFCON.
    Handled spells of wavering form for Trent, Mane, Robertson, Henderson at different times whilst coping with Van Dijk working his way back towards his best and Father Time finally catching up to Milner's legs, whilst trying to bring some youth through and make better use of Minamino while Origi's been out, juggling the midfield pieces when Thiago's absent and navigating the League Cup without Alisson.

I think they're doing alright personally. Hopefully they can find those last few drops of juice in the coming months as it will happen very fast.
    There was a few loons suggesting we'd bottled the league in 2019 despite amassing 97 points! I do think the expectation is way out of control for some...

We could lose VVD, Matip, Konate and Gomez within the space of a couple of weeks and everything could unravel but as it stands we're in good position, like we have been for the last 3 or 4 years. Yet th eway some on here go on, you would think we're in the middle of a crisis!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He pressed a lot better yesterday than he had in all his other appearances when he was miles of it, that was good to see, looked like he had maybe spent some time with the video analysis department and looked at improving that element of his game, which if he has is exactly what we need all our players to be doing
    Fair play to the lad tonight, I thought he was brilliant when he came on, without the ball especially, the press and counter press and intensity was nowhere near where it needs to be until Elliott and Mo came on and for me it was Elliott who set the tone for the rest of the team, as Foden does for City
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I expect him to put on a much better showing v Norwich as he was well off the press and counter press again when he came on against Chelsea, although he did show balls of steel with his fine penalty, but it wasn't until in the celebrations after the match that he managed to show any sort of flare

Took a bit of a dig to find his thread.

Excellent goal today - had wondered about his reaction after the goal and Robbo's determination to comfort him.

https://twitter.com/theredmentv/status/1563606193116827649?s=21&t=WjdR_wPoQT7CDYLdC3Akqw

Hopefully easier weeks ahead for the lad in his personal life and plenty of excellent performances to come. The stage of his development will mean inconsistent performances, lapses in concentration and imperfect positioning to protect against the counter but his potential is through the roof.

From August 2021 and it still stands today. That’s why I am frustrated with the midfield situation, we have done nothing to sort it out despite the obvious ongoing flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What he has done as much as show off his own abilities, he’s shown the limitations of several others in the squad, he’s 18 and showing more ffs.
    Midfield really needs a rethink and I don’t think Thiago is the answer.

What he has done as much as show off his own abilities, he’s shown the limitations of several others in the squad, he’s 18 and showing more ffs.
    Midfield really needs a rethink and I don’t think Thiago is the answer.
    One swallow does not a summer make, for me he was much better yesterday albeit against a desperately poor Bournemouth side, in almost all his performances he runs about a lot looking very neat and tidy without creating anything or making the necessary considered contribution to the press and counter press, covering Trent or helping him defend, he was an absolute disaster in the game v the filthy

No it doesn’t but the point made above was that he’s shown others in the midfield up, particularly considering his age.

He’s young and he will be more consistent as he grows into the role and feels more confident in his place.
    What he does better than Jones already for instance, is try to be progressive, try and have a positive affect, not just always playing the safe ball, try the difficult defence splitter. It doesn’t always come off but when it does, he creates a chance.
    As a player I think Carvalho is ahead of him with his all round game but he’s behind in settling in and finding a position.
    Both young, very talented and full of promise.

They're both already better than Jones I'd say, Jones hasn't really developed much at all, could do with a loan away.. failing that, a new club
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.