Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Elliott

Elliott looks very much a forward that is being asked to play in midfield. He's a big part of the problems that the team are currently having

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Elliott looks very much a forward that is being asked to play in midfield. He's a big part of the problems that the team are currently having
    Nail on the head. I always think of him as a forward, same with Carvalho.

Especially with the way Klopp utilises his midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Hasn't got the raw pace you'd hope for a lad to have if utilised on the right cutting in (like Salah) so can understand the desire to try and use him as an 8 in our system, or a 10 if we went 4-2-3-1.

Don't see how he's going to fit in long term in this system I hope he does, and I hope his top performances are not just one offs

then again he may outlast Klopp so.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

He can come on as sub and run in between the lines so it takes the pressure off us. other wise he needs to start in a 3 or not at all
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Don't see how he's going to fit in long term in this system I hope he does, and I hope his top performances are not just one offs

then again he may outlast Klopp so.
    I'd be interested to see how he looks when Fabinho is playing better, we've a regular LCM playing well (a few games of Thiago perhaps) and with Trent and Salah looking closer to themselves (Salah I think has scored 6 non-penalty goals in the League this calendar year) before I make up my mind in him there - though this is not said to overlook his own faults.

You can't really blame Fabinho for his current form. he has sod all idea where to be when the opposition break. The other 2 midfielders positioning isn't great.so makes his job impossible.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You can't really blame Fabinho for his current form. he has sod all idea where to be when the opposition break. The other 2 midfielders positioning isn't great.so makes his job impossible.
    The leader at the back (Virgil) dictates how we play. Funny that's he's playing like a pub player for weeks letting centre forwards boss him . The rest of the team see this and are shitting themselves .
    He needs to up his game as the others are panicking. We sung "Calm as you like "" for a reason ,not this chancer who's been playing lately.

Elliott has very little to the defensive side of his game, little pace and even less experience but yeah, let’s crack on with him as a midfield starter.

Nowhere near ready, if he ever will be. Starting him and Milner shows just how much Jurgen and FSG have fucked up the midfield evolution over the last couple of years.

The phrase Jurgen kept trotting out through the summer that most annoyed me was, “we have enough bodies.”

That’s as bad as ..”we have player x who can “do a job in there”. God I hate that.

We are Liverpool ffs not Crystal Palace or Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That's a great piece CCTV that I really can't find fault in except for it misses the point about him not supporting Mo or Trent as they need to be supported to play at their best through defensive covering and positioning and what he does without the ball, or address the issue that he is indeed playing wide often in their space, but he has no fucking right foot, he must currently be the most almost entirely one footed player in professional football, it makes no sense for him to be in those wide areas and constantly check back onto his left foot passing up great opportunities to put the ball in, it's frankly fucking ridiculous

He's a bit Thiago, looks great, does quite a lot of good things, but his good things don't fit with the rest of the players on compliment the team, another misfit, Jurgen and his coaching staff seem to be losing their way to me in all honesty, he's the third player they have persisted in pursuing some ideal of theirs with that seems clearly not to fit with how all the other players play at their best

Loads here praising Elliott have been slagging Mo and Trent, the article details as I have continued to that their lesser than usual standards are unquestionably a results of Elliott being employed at RCM

It negatively affects, Robbo/Tsimikas, Diaz, Mo, Trent, Matip, Van Dijk, Alisson, Fabinho, Hendo and whoever plays No9, the fantasy of playing him at RCM and it not disrupting every single thing the other players do or not impacting on them is exactly that, it's a disaster

His best game was v the bitters, because he actually made the triangles with Mo and Trent and covered both and enabled both to play more like they usually do than in any other game he's played in, and it's the only game he's done that for us since we signed him, but even in the game v the bitters, it coming to him advanced wide at RCM and the other players making their runs and movement as they would if Hendo, Trent, Thiago and even Oxlade, hell, even fucking Naby too were in that position, expecting a quality ball in low or to the far post or little threaded ball for Mo, and EVERY single time, he checked back onto his left and numerous potential opportunities were lost, in the history of shit ideas by Jurgen and our coaching staff, playing Elliott at RCM to the detriment of every other player has to be even shitter than persisting with Fab after he was rumbled as a high destroyer
    Another criticism of Elliott I have is he takes a lot out of the ball.
    Which can help developing play but our right side benefits from quicker play.
    Carvalho gets going a lot quicker, as does Hendo move it quicker too.

Thiago usually breaks up a lot of play with tackles and asissts, doesn't have a soft shoulder like Naby either. The lads quite resolute when fit.

I've seen this rcm/role shift with Hendo last season, more obvious with Elliot playing.
    This factor aside, Salah and Trent have their own issues. Hendo too.
    Salah looks like he has the yips, his nerve shot from this years finishing. Still working hard and looking for key-passes and assists. But he passed to Hendo on the edge of the box to shoot recently instead of backing himself !!
    Salahs struggling for confidence to a degree but the attitude seems right.
    Trent attitude has been shit. Lad looks like he should be code reded with a buzz cut and a bar of soap wrapped in a pillow sack !!

For me there's a lack of meritocracy at present. That kills the mood and culture.
    There's also an imbalance at present between whats at Klopps disposal, and the system we are playing.
    Hendo, Fab & Thiago are our first team midfield options.
    Salah, Jota, Bobby, Darwin & Diaz are our first team attackers.

The game v Everton was Elliots most rcm proper display on average positions.
    https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1640728/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2022-2023-Everton-Liverpool