Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Serie A

Docked 15 points for fiddling. I'd love it ( as Keegan said) to see that happen to City.

"September 2018, shortly after announcing Ronaldo, Juventus were worth 1.7bn euro. Today, despite 300m and 400m-euro recapitalisations in December 2019 and December 2021, the club is worth only 700m euro. The reason is a mix of exaggerated ambition and imponderable events.

Juventus face legal and sporting allegations for financial irregularities and false accounting, put in place to embellish their books, heavily hit by the pandemic. Being listed on the stock exchange, Juventus are obliged to show all their financial operations, something the investigating authorities claim they didn't do"
    Owe money to various players too.
    Chellini For example.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Docked 15 points for fiddling. I'd love it ( as Keegan said) to see that happen to City.
    I'm in 2 minds in terms of the severity.

On the one hand I am delighted they are receiving punishment and if our own FA actually enforced rules we would have 22 League titles by now, having finished runner-up to Man City 3 times since (and including) 13/14.

On the other hand I think a 15-point deduction isn't enough for a side with their financial standing relative to the other sides in the League. A club like Sampdoria (who could go down) might feel aggrieved that Juventus get to stay in the Division at all rather than be relegated to Serie B at the expense of one of the clubs who finishes in the bottom three and frankly they would have a point.

Always had a soft spot for Juventus as a kid (my Uncle used to send me kits out from Italy - his wife is an AC Milan supporter which must make their House fun!!!) but it's hard to love them after two major scandals. Really hope they can take the opportunity to have a culture reset.

Sampdoria are still 9 points away from avoiding relegation, have mounting debt, a terrible owner in Ferrero (who has recently received a bullet in the mail) and are under increasing thread of bankruptcy.

Iconic club, badge and kit - I hope better things are around the corner.

Napoli now 19 points clear of Lazio. They'll be able to rest key players for the champions league with that kind of unassailable lead

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Napoli now 19 points clear of Lazio. They'll be able to rest key players for the champions league with that kind of unassailable lead
    Three Italian sides in the quarters makes a nice and nostalgic change - odd that none of the three should be Juventus.

Wonder if Big Div's European magic will translate across clubs?!?!

Inter and AC Milan have dropped plenty of points in their last 5 games whilst Juventus have won 4 of their last 5 - would not be a surprise if Juventus squeak the Champion's League spots in the last quarter of the season despite the points deduction.

Would be good for the League if Juventus missed out.

Rather unusual that two sides from the same League that are BOTH outside the Champion's League spots will be contesting a Champion's League semi-final.

Im sure i read Juventus had been given back the 15 points they have taken off them?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Im sure i read Juventus had been given back the 15 points they have taken off them?
    Indeed - and could still lose them again subject to appeal - it's all a little messy.