Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Southampton

That’s what I thought, Ian
    People focus on the lack of concentration but it’s much easier to lose concentration on the opponent when you are constantly marauding goalwards.
    When we play bigger opponents the concentration changes gear. That happens over and over again.
    Thiago made three mistakes which weren’t that telling and otherwise was a key part of a very dynamic attack.
    Robertson and Mane’s combo for the first goal was dreamlike football.

I thought only one was a potential big one, the other two you will see coughed up by other midfielders regularly in games. Otherwise he was imperious.

Look at how many Saints passes went awry. Thiago weaponising the opposition press causing panic. It means we get so many chances without busting a gut too. A lovely net gain for the team at this time of year especially.

That midfield trio was just miles too good for Southampton. If they can all keep fit - against better oppo they will just up the level further. The front 3 were effective yet played at a canter, just what we want.

And Robbo on the rewind - wow MOTM.

That was vintage. We haven’t seen that for a long time, when he puts in that level of energetic performance it frightens teams.

Klopp will be delighted.

And Thiago is a beautiful footballer to watch live, He's a Rolls Royce of a player .
    I've had my doubts about him but you can see he's a level above most. Reminds me of Xabi Alonso and what a player he was.

Yes I am jealous of you Ian - I haven’t seen him in the flesh, but you describe what I have imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes I am jealous of you Ian - I haven’t seen him in the flesh, but you describe what I have imagined.
    There's been footballers down the years I've thought the same about ,Paul Scholes was another. I hate saying it but he was great to watch.

Alisson played great too

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I thought only one was a potential big one, the other two you will see coughed up by other midfielders regularly in games. Otherwise he was imperious.

Agreed

I was going to say. Many mistakes depend on the patterns of other players

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You can say that again.......
    Oh hang on you already have, like a million times and you're still the only one who believes it. 😁
    That's the nature of our fans and most football fans in general, certain players are the best thing since sliced bread and the best player ever, even when they're not, what I posted were actual facts in the timeline of everything that happened midfield wise since Fab arrived, it isn't my opinion, it is what has happened for those capable of looking at things objectively and honestly without the rose tinted glasses

The same people who claimed and still claim he was the best No6 in the league, he's not even a midfielder by trade and how he has developed over many years as a footballer, that is very clear, Hendo, Kante, Rodri, Fernandinho, NDidi, even bloody McTominay being entirely honest and fair, all much much better players in the centre of the park than Fab, all actually midfielders

I was falling out with Mancs at the supermarket today, because they refuse to see things and accept things that aren't my opinion, that are facts, for the same reasons people here don't accept some things

With me things are about honesty, integrity and what is right and wrong, I won't fawn over a player with absolutely glaring flaws who can't play a certain position in a formation we use and say he's great when it isn't true because he's our player, same way I'd never say we deserved to win the Own FA Cup final, because we got battered and got away with that Henchoz handball.

I understand that putting biases to one side and being fair and open about things isn't something most people in the modern world understand and they have great difficulty in accepting it

I've been the only person to believe a great many things Tees a great many things which I have been proven to be right in believing, I do see things other people don't, I always have, because I'm not and never have been conditioned by the 'status quo' everyone else here is very much conditioned by the 'status quo' of being a Liverpool fan, I am a Liverpool fan, but I'm not part of your status quo and never will be
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Alisson played great too
    Absolutely. He bailed us out a few too many times for my liking but that's what he's there for.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!