Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4797137140141142143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Not seen lots of him but he was outstading in both games against us.

I know he scored a few but I watched his work rate and from what I saw he certainly wasn't lazy.
    Work rate, reading of the game and game intelligence and was outstanding in both games against us, watched a few reels of him, he can improve his finishing in some situations, he is very useful when receiving the ball wide left or right as there are quite a few instances of this and he picks very good passes in quite a few of them, picking out the player rather than blindly putting it into an area and there were an awful lot that were 'on a plate' his team mates wasted

He drops of, goes wide left and right and makes runs in behind and off the back of CBs, and he does all that intelligently and with very good timing of it from everything I've seen and although he obviously isn't the finished article, the work rate and game intelligence is priceless, everything technique based can be easily practiced and refined
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let's have the FSG debate again then for Sid

Top earning clubs

Man City 664.9m
    Real Madrid 640.7m
    Bayern 611.4m
    Barcelona 582.1m
    The filthy 558m
    PSG 556.2m
    Liverpool 550.4m
    Chelsea 493.1m
    Minimal interest in getting deep into the finances when I have uploaded several in-depth explanations in the past breaking down the minutia of player amortisation, revenue, agent fees, ins-outs, FFP rules, Homegrown Quota details, percentages of turnover and so on.

The search function is there. Our House is getting re-wired at the minute and I have limited access (using Data right now) - if it gets sorted smoothly and I can get on my PC again and have a free spell on a rainy day I'll potentially crack the knuckles and whack up some breakdowns yet again, but right now, no thanks.

As to your list -

State/Oil Club/Sportswashers
    Shilled out by the Spanish Government
    Top dog in uncompetitive League. Good model though, overall.
    UEFA pet, often bending FFP
    Years of sustained Sky-at-right-time overspenders
    State/Oil/Sportswashers
    Liverpool
    Russian iffiness, future remains to be seen.

By all means, advocate spending more. Comparing us to some of the sides on that list seems a smidge futile mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    By all means, advocate spending more. Comparing us to some of the sides on that list seems a smidge futile mind.
    Why is it? The sportswashing clubs earnings on that list are their manipulated earnings, the earnings including all the bogus well above their standing sponsorship deal and image rights payments to try and appear them make FFP compliant

So City, were they actually making their alleged 664.9m would be FFP compliant with their current spending on players and wages - That was the point I was making

The filthy are FFP complaint with their current spending on players and wages, and have huge repayments on their leveraged buy out to make each year, but only earned 8m more than us

It doesn't seem to add up why FSG are always playing the 'We're cash strapped' card and FFP card, Juve are FFP compliant, look at some of their transfers and wages, they earn about 100m less than us per season

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yep, we have nowhere near the best squad in the world,
    I said "or close to it", and yes I can hand on heart

Neither you nor 19x said who you think had a better squad last season. 19x started talking about who Real are signing now. I was talking about the season just gone - the one you are both complaining about.

Let's hear it.

Let me guess - Man City or Real. Maybe PSG

I'll take ours thanks

(this was worded in reply to Steveo's very similar comments - it was addressed to both of you)

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I said "or close to it", and yes I can hand on heart

Neither you nor 19x said who you think had a better squad last season. 19x started talking about who Real are signing now. I was talking about the season just gone - the one you are both complaining about.

Let's hear it.

Let me guess - Man City or Real. Maybe PSG

I'll take ours thanks

(this was worded in reply to Steveo's very similar comments - it was addressed to both of you)
    Greater strength in depth for the purposes of being able to compete in domestic cup competitions we frequently play lesser sides in

Lesser quality in our best first 11-16 players we prior to this season used for almost all our Premier League and Champions League games, demonstrated in the results against other top sides compared to 18-21 and in our failure to score in 3 finals

Real beat City once and Chelsea once and beat us - Better than we managed against either City or Chelsea or either of them managed against us

Bayern will give us an additional 6 5m if Mane wins 3 CLs and 3 billon doors.
    Yeah righto Bayern. Try again.
    Shithouse club.

"Liverpool are willing to make Uruguayan striker Darwin Nuñez the most expensive signing in the club's history, and have offered €100M (£85M) to Benfica.

Nuñez has already told Benfica that he intends to play at Anfield."

[@Record_Portugal]

Diaz and Núñez within a 6-month spell would be so exciting.

Yes it would Sid. Let’s hope. I just want to see him in our kit now.

I would be confident of socking it to shitty next season too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes it would Sid. Let’s hope. I just want to see him in our kit now.

I would be confident of socking it to shitty next season too.
    I actually think, passing thought here, that given the reasonable number of users on here, that it would be nice to place some sort of collective bet on the forum.

Something modest. People hedge their bet for the season (even if it's like £5) to a particular thing - like Núñez outscoring Haaland or something.

If we pooled it all, then if we "win" as such, the pooled money goes to a Liverpool food bank. Lose and it could go to a Manchester food bank - some things are bigger than football.

I'm a bit of a technophobe or I'd look at setting it all up myself. But there's plenty of time ahead. Anyone techy up to something like that?

Just a passing idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Minimal interest in getting deep into the finances when I have uploaded several in-depth explanations in the past breaking down the minutia of player amortisation, revenue, agent fees, ins-outs, FFP rules, Homegrown Quota details, percentages of turnover and so on.

The search function is there. Our House is getting re-wired at the minute and I have limited access (using Data right now) - if it gets sorted smoothly and I can get on my PC again and have a free spell on a rainy day I'll potentially crack the knuckles and whack up some breakdowns yet again, but right now, no thanks.

As to your list -

State/Oil Club/Sportswashers
    Shilled out by the Spanish Government
    Top dog in uncompetitive League. Good model though, overall.
    UEFA pet, often bending FFP
    Years of sustained Sky-at-right-time overspenders
    State/Oil/Sportswashers
    Liverpool
    Russian iffiness, future remains to be seen.

As have I... however there is no-one else to compare us to, other than the top clubs.

We have operated a healthy enough business with owners who are happy to compete in a ffp compliant environment.

With regards FFP routinely accounting shows we have massive leeway to spend on transfers with regards being FFP compliant. As have Real Madrid.

We have a top manager, great owners in that they've hired a top manager, added infrastructures and delivered success in an era where people tend to think it's impossible against city. The defeatist fawners
    The fans in the nicest sense are loons in term of support, the fambo around the world is top 4 of global club football audiences.

Think you have a rather negative or defeatist outlook to where the club can get to in terms of dominance and success.