Page 53 of 151 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063103 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

The proof as they say is in the pudding, lots of proof this season we play differently, better with Hendo at No6, we've scored more goals per game, conceded fewer chances, been better in the press and counter press and seen 2 or 3 stunning assists from No6 when Hendo has started there, the benefits of a proper No6

First leg v Inter, started the game with a midfield of Elliott Fabinho Thiago, missed a couple of chances first half, second half Inter pushed up and were all over us, Fab at that stage was our best player, albeit we were well under the kosh, Fab and Elliott subbed for Hendo and Keita after the hour at 0-0, midfield reverts to what I believe is our best midfield Keita Hendo Thiago, suddenly our midfield's higher and closer to Inter's players, in a 3 not a 2 with 1 deeper or a 2 with 1 ahead and we've got a No6 who knows how to pass the ball and make the play are we're suddenly on the front foot and get a 2-0 win that proved crucial to our progressing

Second leg, again the Captain is omitted from No6, as if the lessons of the first leg, Atletico and Napoli 19-20 STILL haven't been learned, we're 1-0 down, Hendo comes to the rescue again, this time coming on for Thiago to get control of the game and ensure we progress

Benfica first leg, Hendo wrestles back control coming on as sub when we'd lost all control and bene pegged back to 2-1

Benfica second leg Hendo is our playmaker in chief in a front foot 3 in line (that 3 in a line again) midfield we cruise to a 3-1 lead with Benfica going for it from the start as they did in the second half of the first leg, Hendo's subbed for Fabinho, we let 2 in and our midfield is suddenly way off the press again as soon as that happens

These aren't coincidences, we need another No6 and one who is an actual midfielder who plays more like hendo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Carvalho having homegrown status is going to be very useful with Gomez and Oxlade likely to be departing, we are developing a worrying trend of signing short arses however he's only 5'7" the same height as Elliott, one or two is ok, don't want to end up with a team full of them, best get those big lads Tchouameni, Bellingham and Nunez in to compensate

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Carvalho having homegrown status is going to be very useful with Gomez and Oxlade likely to be departing
    Would be quite surprised if Gomez departs honestly.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Liverpool could plot a summer move for RB Salzburg attacking midfilder Luka Sucic (19) this summer.

Julian Ward is working on rejuvenating the squad, with midfield his main priority, and Sucic could be his first 'big' challenge.

[@SportBild]

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I don't want him to go, I think he'd be a perfect utility defender at RB and the occasional and rare cup game at CB, but rumours are rife that despite Van Dijk, Matip and Konate all being miles miles better Cbs than he'll ever be, he wants to be playing CB to try and get himself into Southgate's England squad for the WC, so fancies linking up with Stevie at Villa, not sure hoe he thinks that will work out for him, the ones who recently got a first call up are better Cbs than him too

I wish he'd accept his role as a squad player and that he isn't ever going to be a top top CB at the level a top side needs, but you know football players and their egos

Me too. Proved recently how valuable he is, he's been spot on at RB, I very much doubt he goes unless he asks to.

Liverpool could plot a summer move for RB Salzburg attacking midfilder Luka Sucic (19) this summer.

Julian Ward is working on rejuvenating the squad, with midfield his main priority, and Sucic could be his first 'big' challenge.

[@SportBild]
    I had look at him, his shootings far better, although he's got a bit more short range cuteness, his medium to long passing is very VERY reminiscent of Hendo's only left footed, the areas he plays the ball to where and how he looks to release players and he also does release them consistently (unlike some), very good switches and medium to long quickly up and down balls, which to be fair to this lad, are the type of quality passes I have been moaning since 2018 we don't have nearly enough players with the ability to play of the required quality and further moaned that the need to possess such passing ability should be added to our profile for future midfield signings

His passing ability at least is exactly what I have been moaning about only Hendo having and far better suited to our team, players and style of play than some other players I could mention we've wasted good money and wages on

I don't want him to go, I think he'd be a perfect utility defender at RB and the occasional and rare cup game at CB, but rumours are rife that despite Van Dijk, Matip and Konate all being miles miles better Cbs than he'll ever be, he wants to be playing CB to try and get himself into Southgate's England squad for the WC, so fancies linking up with Stevie at Villa, not sure hoe he thinks that will work out for him, the ones who recently got a first call up are better Cbs than him too

I wish he'd accept his role as a squad player and that he isn't ever going to be a top top CB at the level a top side needs, BUT YOU KNOW FOOTBALL PLAYERS AND THEIR EGOS
    Yeah, almost as bad a certain forumites and their egos. Hahaha.. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Yeah, almost as bad a certain forumites and their egos. Hahaha.. ��
    Come on Justin, Steveo's just back from family issues and CCTV has some kind of OCD for meaningless stats and crappy websites set up by middle class PSB know nothings as a business opportunity, but there's no need for that

Come on Justin, Steveo's just back from family issues and CCTV has some kind of OCD for meaningless stats and crappy websites set up by middle class PSB know nothings as a business opportunity, but there's no need for that
    Well yes. Perhaps I am being a tad hard on them. 😂