Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor midfield recruitment model

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    42X? 19's older kidda?
    A back four, double pivot in midfield and a front 4.

Mostly 4231
    But Salah is furthest forward on average positions so less rigid than on paper where the CF would be most advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He fucking hated Steve McMahon
    I loved McMahon
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We need better control of games, we're giving opposition sides too much easy good possession and time to make their runs and try and pick them, we got more control today when Thiago came on, but through a tactical change to 42x/our long standing lopsided midfield 3 so we weren't being outnumbered in midfield

I don't know why for example in today's game or in the majority of them this season we have played 4123 with both LCM and RCM both ahead of No6, it doesn't work for me, doesn't give us the control and makes the press and counter press well below where it needs to be for the height of our line

In past seasons we played lopsided if you like, No6, LCM or RCM controller, one more attacking midfielder, but the No6 always had another midfielder with him, as it was after the change today, that's not new, it isn't really a 42 something, it's a lopsided 433 which it always or most frequently was

I don't understand why we keep trying this 4123

We're winning, man. We're 2nd in the league pushing City all the way. In one final and going for 2 other cups.
    Stop being so bloody negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I loved McMahon
    You're older brother 42x wasn't a fan .

We need better control of games, we're giving opposition sides too much easy good possession and time to make their runs and try and pick them, we got more control today when Thiago came on, but through a tactical change to 42x/our long standing lopsided midfield 3 so we weren't being outnumbered in midfield

I don't know why for example in today's game or in the majority of them this season we have played 4123 with both LCM and RCM both ahead of No6, it doesn't work for me, doesn't give us the control and makes the press and counter press well below where it needs to be for the height of our line

In past seasons we played lopsided if you like, No6, LCM or RCM controller, one more attacking midfielder, but the No6 always had another midfielder with him, as it was after the change today, that's not new, it isn't really a 42 something, it's a lopsided 433 which it always or most frequently was

I don't understand why we keep trying this 4123
    It must be due to having guaranteed ( or mostly guaranteed) back 4 protection. The 1 sticks there and it does work the majority of the time. Another system leaves room for risk in my opinion.

It must be due to having guaranteed ( or mostly guaranteed) back 4 protection. The 1 sticks there and it does work the majority of the time. Another system leaves room for risk in my opinion.
    It's a massive bloody risk playing the line we keep playing and not having an effective press and counter press and pressure on the ball, we're not always going to have Alisson bail us out like he did to be MOTM today, we'd have lost that game if it wasn't for him, he saved 3 otherwise certain goals

It's a massive bloody risk playing the line we keep playing and not having an effective press and counter press and pressure on the ball, we're not always going to have Alisson bail us out like he did to be MOTM today, we'd have lost that game if it wasn't for him, he saved 3 otherwise certain goals
    But like people said on the match thread 99/100 it works for us.

But like people said on the match thread 99/100 it works for us.
    But with a top class controller alongside our No6 we played that high line with a brilliant press and counter press, always having pressure on the ball, nicking the ball higher far more frequently, winning almost all the second balls and rarely ever letting them release players with balls over the top with no pressure on the ball

Why run the risks we're running when we could set up and try and get back to doing it as we did it at our best without running such incredible risk throughout games

Bellingham has scored a good goal for Dortmund, getting pummeled 4-1 though.