Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor midfield recruitment model

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The set ups of Soton/Palace/Spurs to take points off City were incredibly similar, practically the same as, how i've talked about being the best way to beat them or take points off them for 2 seasons

We have better players to implement those same tactics, we have players better at playing those tactics, with a history of winning the games very biggest trophies playing those tactics, and a history of getting the better of City players who featured on Sunday playing them, Jurgen decided not to do that and to try and outfootball City and Guardiola for some reason, I have no idea why, very un Jurgen like
    It doesnt matter if your tactics are great if you dont play well you dont win.

City defo treat us with much more respect you can see that.

As ive said to you many times every team has a plan but if players are off it there isnt much a manager can do.

They are a team who hit 90 points plus they are harder to beat than anyone in PL history that is a fact not an opinion the stats show it.

They can be beaten we have proved it but its very hard to do so.

You'll have City fans saying that if they had got a proper striker they would have been unbeatable. They would have defo beaten us and not lost the 3 games they did.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It doesnt matter if your tactics are great if you dont play well you dont win.

City defo treat us with much more respect you can see that.

As ive said to you many times every team has a plan but if players are off it there isnt much a manager can do.

They are a team who hit 90 points plus they are harder to beat than anyone in PL history that is a fact not an opinion the stats show it.

They can be beaten we have proved it but its very hard to do so.
    Sometimes the managers tactics for a game aren't the right ones, an he finds he's been out thought by the other manager and needs to recognise it and change up, which was more the case for me on Sunday

Much as we like to think we're an incredible all singing all dancing passing through teams possession side, we're absolutely not that and against certain opposition, we need to be more direct and play more like we did in 18-20 I think a lot on here think that even if they're not saying, as the vast majority had Diaz in their yourteam, gives us the width and options both sides we had in 18-20, presses relentlessly and astutely and better than Jota, Mane and Mo but isn't as prolific as any of them

I think most people included him in their teams for all those reasons because most of us, if we're honest knew we'd have to approach the City game more in our 18-20 style
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You arent wrong Nineteen nobody is unbeatable and all teams have a weakness somewhere.

City will pip us to the league imo they have the edge and I expect them to win all league games.

I agree managers get out thought or they over think but the very best dont do that often.

I'm sure Klopp will do his homework on Villareal, Emery had his number in the Europa final. He's a smart operator and has done a number on some good teams and coaches.
    They will be tough to beat.

Two players I've been critical off in the past were bloody brilliant today. That first half performance from both of them were top draw espin a big game. Thaigo and Naby were outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Two players I've been critical off in the past were bloody brilliant today. That first half performance from both of them were top draw espin a big game. Thaigo and Naby were outstanding.
    I can't argue with that they were both very good, it was a much weaker City side, but the pressing was better, Naby's though in fact wasn't any different from Hendo's in the recent league meeting, the big differences that made us better were Mane pressing from No9 and Diaz from LFWD and Thiago, Fabinho and our 2 full backs, pressing up onto City players who were dropping trying to get on the ball which none of them did the entire 90 minutes of the recent game at the Etihad, so hats off to Jurgen and the coaching staff too for addressing that

The pity is, that had we got right the aspects we did today in the game at the Etihad, we could well have a 2 point lead right now

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I can't argue with that they were both very good, it was a much weaker City side, but the pressing was better, Naby's though in fact wasn't any different from Hendo's in the recent league meeting, the big differences that made us better were Mane pressing from No9 and Diaz from LFWD and Thiago, Fabinho and our 2 full backs, pressing up onto City players who were dropping trying to get on the ball which none of them did the entire 90 minutes of the recent game at the Etihad, so hats off to Jurgen and the coaching staff too for addressing that

The pity is, that had we got right the aspects we did today in the game at the Etihad, we could well have a 2 point lead right now
    Moving forward, Pep now knows he needs his big guns for the champions league final and even with his big guns at home they still couldn't beat us. In Paris we will be a different animal.

Moving forward, Pep now knows he needs his big guns for the champions league final and even with his big guns at home they still couldn't beat us. In Paris we will be a different animal.
    It's good we've played them 3 times already, today showed that Jurgen has learned a lesson or two from the meetings so far on how best to play them

Also, they're being a bit coy on Walker's injury, I saw some reports claiming he had one of the protective boots on it and could be out for up to 4 weeks, if that's true, they're in trouble, another big part of how they play is Cancelo spending a lot of the game like a left winger, as Trent spends a lot of some games almost like a right winger, with Walker normally sitting deeper using his recovery speed to get back to help the 2 CBs with any players released in behind or balls over the top

SO hopefully Walker will miss 3 or 4 of their league games and their Champions League semis causing them to drop a few points and seeing them knocked out of the Champions League