Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Cardiff (FA Cup 4th round)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Spot on.

Stevie G looked like he was playing a different sport, he stood out that much at times. Always looked boss on TV but at the match - different gear - and both sets of fans knew it.
    Couldn’t agree more, watching live really made you appreciate his stamina athleticism and reading of the game. So often you could see his frustration at not being everywhere, which sometimes he appeared to be.
    Last edited by huyrob; 4th February 2022 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It’s a myth to you Steveo because you don’t believe it but that doesn’t actually make it a myth in truth.
    There are plenty of us who believe there was a certain level of truth in scientificred’s point. Gerrard for me is our greatest ever player but not the greatest captain for a couple of reasons.
    And who brought captains into it?

Legs was backing up Ian’s point on seeing players like Thiago in the flesh.

Gerrard was on another level.

We know you don’t rate Thiago, it’s your choice but you don’t address what I presented that makes your thoughts on him seem very knee jerk indeed.

Bringing in Gerrard’s mythical captaintastical abilities is a good way to change the subject though - I guess.

Responding to you saying

“The myth as I see it is that Stevie G somehow stopped others from showing their class because he was so good.”

Nothing whatsoever to do with Thiago.

So you chose to answer that completely side tracked conversation between me and SR rather than the facts that debunk your “no arguments” commentary on Thiago.

Hmmm.

Miller… poor form

Steveo is right again imo Gerrard was a monster of a player.

He could do anything you'd want in a midfielder strong, could shoot, tackle, pace, good passer, goalscorer.

Lets not mention International form it doesnt matter plenty of top players dont shine for their country for a number of reasons ie ROY HODGSON !

All i'll say is when the likes of Alonso Torres Suarez all world class players say he is one of the best its probably best to agree with them.

Sorry what???

I read a couple of posts and made a comment about the Gerrard part of it. I’m not reading through 14 pages of you falling out with various people Steveo to see every possible trigger point.
    I have neither the time or the inclination mate.

At times it was like watching an u16 game with a full international number 8 owning the pitch.

I had already said Gerrard in my opinion is the best player to ever play for our club and I have been going since ‘71. Saw them all live numerous times, no argument on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Sorry what???

I read a couple of posts and made a comment about the Gerrard part of it. I’m not reading through 14 pages of you falling out with various people Steveo to see every possible trigger point.
    I have neither the time or the inclination mate.
    I think you know very well what.

But never mind Miller. Never mind

Just thought you might have some interest in the convo that was spawned by your Thiago statement.

Surely that was more interesting and relevant?

The topic on Gerrard as a hindrance seems as bonkers to me as it is irrelevant to the need for seeing top players in real life rather than just on TV.