Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Diaz

Remember TAA was a nobody, a kid from Liverpool whose boyhood club made his dreams come true.
    CL & PL. It's beautiful and likely a future club captain.
    Put him in an England shirt, whatever that's worth to him.
    (It's worth something in image rights)

In wage negotiations he got around 175kpw in wages as a top rb.

Mo's probably delighted with his lfc career. But he's a top rwf, goalscorer and assister, who works pretty damn hard.
    He's an Arab who could deliver PSGs first CL title with Neymar and Messi. Or he could win a few la ligas at Madrid and again CL ambitions.

It's not like the Brazilian contingent who fooked of to shanghai or wherever.

Maybe having a wage like Mbappes for his last contract.
    As posted elsewhere, might be worth the move as essentially signing on fee and wages he would be
    80 to 100 million better off as a result.

He'll end up very wealthy no matter were he goes. Hopefully he looks at Messi and see the grass isn't always greener were the big big money is.

@CC, doubtful we'd get anywhere near 100m with what's left on his contract. Might be around 50-70m and the high end would be a stretch at 31 years old.

CCTV yeah I guess his agent is doing his job to get Mo a better deal but putting it out in the public domain and insulting our manager is not something I think is acceptable.

A lot of people are me me me just talk behind closed doors and talk when you have something to say.

PSG have made a final and of course they have a chance of winning CL but it seems to me that the manager doesn’t buy the players as Tuchel alluded to last year I guess you could say he knows what he is getting.

Tees I think PSG would pay £100m for Mo he is only 29 they aren’t a proper club so they not care if they get a return on him as they have a bottomless pit of money.

Mo is a world class player so I hope he stays he is already rich beyond his wildest dreams so money shouldn’t come into it but we all know for most it does.

People can say KDB earns £400k a week etc yes he does but he plays for another no mark doped up club it isn’t reality for 99% of clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    CCTV yeah I guess his agent is doing his job to get Mo a better deal but putting it out in the public domain and insulting our manager is not something I think is acceptable.

A lot of people are me me me just talk behind closed doors and talk when you have something to say.

PSG have made a final and of course they have a chance of winning CL but it seems to me that the manager doesn’t buy the players as Tuchel alluded to last year I guess you could say he knows what he is getting.

Tees I think PSG would pay £100m for Mo he is only 29 they aren’t a proper club so they not care if they get a return on him as they have a bottomless pit of money.

Mo is a world class player so I hope he stays he is already rich beyond his wildest dreams so money shouldn’t come into it but we all know for most it does.

People can say KDB earns £400k a week etc yes he does but he plays for another no mark doped up club it isn’t reality for 99% of clubs.
    Im not sure even they would pay that for a player who's 31 when his contract runs out. Maybe they would but they'd be crazy to.
    Could end up with a situation where all the worlds best end playing for the 3 biggest shithouse clubs in the world. Real,City and PSG. Probably add Newcastle to that in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Im not sure even they would pay that for a player who's 31 when his contract runs out. Maybe they would but they'd be crazy to.
    Could end up with a situation where all the worlds best end playing for the 3 biggest shithouse clubs in the world. Real,City and PSG. Probably add Newcastle to that in a few years.
    I think if they lose Mbappe they will want a statement signing to replace him.

I think the PSG owner also has a picture of Salah in his office.

Salah might not want to go to PSG but they would certainly pay him bigger wages he would also have to work with Neymar and Messi who are both quality players but want to be top dog.

He will have plenty of offers will Salah his options for £400-500k a week wages are City United Madrid PSG and possibly Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think if they lose Mbappe they will want a statement signing to replace him.

I think the PSG owner also has a picture of Salah in his office.

Salah might not want to go to PSG but they would certainly pay him bigger wages he would also have to work with Neymar and Messi who are both quality players but want to be top dog.

He will have plenty of offers will Salah his options for £400-500k a week wages are City United Madrid PSG and possibly Newcastle.
    That would,....in a weird way probably be best for all parties involved.

PSG wanting him while he's still on contract (rather than waiting for another season for it to run out) would mean we could extract a transfer fee upwards of 150 Million for him (not a bad return for a player we bought for some odd 45 Million).

Which for us would be a decent return for a player who, while a the top of his game and arguably the best in the world,....is also on the wrong side of 30 and likely will be on the downward trajectory of his form and career sooner rather than later.

We can turn that bounty into some promising young winger and some backup striker options (we already have Diaz and Jota turning out really well as a form of subversive replacement for our front three. Another season for young Harvey under his belt and we could be really well suited for the next several years with our front players if he goes up a gear. We just have to worry about cover options)

Mo gets his big wage payday (and hopefully with a couple of trophies for us on his way out).
    PSG get their Mmmmmbap(pe) replacement.
    We get the money to re-invest and rebuild on the fly even while we're still in a relatively strong position.

It would be a different story if all this were playing out in Mo's final year.
    Probably the reason why the club is pushing for him to sign this now, while he still has re-sale value for us to re-coup if he doesn't.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Back to Luis Diaz ..
    That was some brave header
    I wonder how many other players would have committed themselves so completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    That would,....in a weird way probably be best for all parties involved.

PSG wanting him while he's still on contract (rather than waiting for another season for it to run out) would mean we could extract a transfer fee upwards of 150 Million for him (not a bad return for a player we bought for some odd 45 Million).

Which for us would be a decent return for a player who, while a the top of his game and arguably the best in the world,....is also on the wrong side of 30 and likely will be on the downward trajectory of his form and career sooner rather than later.

We can turn that bounty into some promising young winger and some backup striker options (we already have Diaz and Jota turning out really well as a form of subversive replacement for our front three. Another season for young Harvey under his belt and we could be really well suited for the next several years with our front players if he goes up a gear. We just have to worry about cover options)

Mo gets his big wage payday (and hopefully with a couple of trophies for us on his way out).
    PSG get their Mmmmmbap(pe) replacement.
    We get the money to re-invest and rebuild on the fly even while we're still in a relatively strong position.

It would be a different story if all this were playing out in Mo's final year.
    Probably the reason why the club is pushing for him to sign this now, while he still has re-sale value for us to re-coup if he doesn't.
    In a non sentimental judgement you're absolutely right. All those factors point to it being a good move.
    It makes total sense but when you think about who replaces him it's not so cut and dried. There's literally nobody available to us who's a guarantee of coming near his numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Back to Luis Diaz ..
    That was some brave header
    I wonder how many other players would have committed themselves so completely.
    true, I wonder what would have happened if the ball had missed the goal?..i somehow think we wouldnt have been given the penalty.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century