Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Diaz

Indeed

2 more great goals yesterday, absolutely terrific headers, something we haven't yet seen and something that was once part of Mane's signature movement from LFWD when he was in his absolute pomp, play builds up from the right, he was always making an outside in run to arrive in the centre, something Origi never grasped
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Superstar in the making. So gifted our most potent weapon.

I didn’t realise how good he was in the air until this season.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

A massive, massive thank-you to Luis for showing what we all expect from lads who don the Red shirt.

Effort. Tenacity.

A credit to himself and to us - a bright spark on this poorly-lit basement of a start to the season.

We're drastically overrating his performance tonight, he turned it on the half an hour, but we need him to get the basic right of intensity, pressing and counter pressing, runs in behind and outside in and inside out runs and understanding the triggers for him to position himself to make those runs first and foremost

Maybe this is what's gone wrong with the pressing and counter pressing too, get players into their roles first and foremost doing the basics of what the team needs them to do to function, then they add their individual abilities to the role while always performing the team duties

To me, Diaz's team duties are

To press with the relentless intensity Mane always did, to make the runs in behind Mane always did, the trigger for these being Trent receiving the ball deep or half way line or beyond on our right or Hendo receiving the ball anywhere around the centre circle, to make the outside in runs from wide left to between far post and penalty spot when Trent or Hendo receive the ball advanced on our right

Just do those for a start, then work on the other runs and the link up with Robbo/Tsimikas

Well first and foremost I hope he takes incredible care and due diligence with every step of his recovery to come back stronger than ever

While he is laid up I believe our video analysis department should be working intensely with him and where and how he can improve his performances and what he produced for us

He is very talented, but we bought him to replace a 20 goals a season and 10 assists a season forward, who was THE main leader of our press in our forward line

We need more goals and assists from Diaz, more runs in behind, greater intensity with and without the ball, he started very well, a lot of that with Mane in the side at No9 in the second half of last season who was more creative and a bigger goal threat and had more intensity than any of our remaining No9's which will have helped Diaz immensely but he has to start delivering now, as he's been going he'll be lucky to net 10 goals over this season and 4 or 5 assists, that simply isn't enough

Just so glad for him on a personal/human level that Colombia didn't make the World Cup, as it would have been so gutting for him to miss out.

Apparently he's picked up another injury during our training camp in Dubai.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Apparently he's picked up another injury during our training camp in Dubai.
    Ramsay too!