Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Luis Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Weren't Dzeko and Salah team mates at Roma?
    Yeah they were.

As for Mane I think Covid has done him as he is still young really, I was saying this last season when people were putting the boot in on him which was annoying me.

He has lost pace and abit of strength but he is still a top class player he will score 20 goals for us this season that is hard to find.

What might not help is he has played pretty much non stop with very little break.

Diaz needs a goal or 2 just to show hes got that..I know its early. But he needs to get goals as well
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I'm not fishing.

I think Diaz was meant to come in summer as an immediate replacement for Sadio.

I also think that we won't pay Salah what he wants and he will leave.

I don't want either of those scenarios but it's looking likely at the moment
    Fair enough.

I personally would be surprised if Mane left in the Summer, unless we got a fee we couldn't turn down.

I think Salah gets paid a negotiated, compromise fee of what he wants in the end, or (MUCH less likely) he departs so we can make a major, major transfer that nobody really expects.

FSG would face massive backlash if both were allowed to leave too quickly/without wonderful replacements - and despite what some folks may feel about them, they're smart enough to know this.

It will be an interesting watch. I certainly feel Mane has lost a little something, but he could surprise us - right back to his Southampton days he has had a capacity to blow a little hot and cold, so hopefully this slight decline he seems to be in isn't a permanent thing.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah they were.

As for Mane I think Covid has done him as he is still young really, I was saying this last season when people were putting the boot in on him which was annoying me.

He has lost pace and abit of strength but he is still a top class player he will score 20 goals for us this season that is hard to find.

What might not help is he has played pretty much non stop with very little break.
    For me his issues are largely mental and in his decision making. Less about any physical decline and more about getting his mind right.

Made up for the lad to get his first goal today, a brilliant run, connected by a brilliant ball from Captain fantastic and a brilliant finish

Still very much a work in progress, struggled or was nullified for a good portion of the game constantly trying the same 'Stop, wait for the attempted tackle, nick it the other way and go' trick, with their defenders reading it every time

Came short far too frequently, he's new, it will take time, when we talk about 'mixing it up' we mean and need 'mixing it up as a team and individually' Players have to mix it up and make individual movements to run in behind or come short to find space in the right moments and when the opposition aren't expecting that, and as a team all the other players have to be prepared, fully focused and brave with the ball to see and connect those runs and that movement with other players making a second run in anticipation the run of the first player will be connected

Showed he can be brilliant at No9 or LFWD or RFWD already, now needs to work on mixing it up, studying the inside out runs, outside in runs, runs in behind, short diagonal runs off the full back to off the back of the CB (especially against sides playing a back 3)
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 19th February 2022 at 09:05 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

was a neat little finish into the bottom corner..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Got an awful lot to learn about his role in the team but there is no doubt about his ability, quality player.

Though still watching the first half and he’s chasing Mané into the middle too often leaving us with no width down the left.

I expected and always believed when he sign for Liverpool that he will be definitely a star with some users here moaning about his signing.

But I don't expected that he could make a instant impact like he was doing since he played the first minutes for Liverpool. Every game he his increase his performance level. What a Signing he was. Amazing

Bit headless chicken at times but to me that’s just not knowing the roles well yet. His enthusiasm is unbelievable though. I think he’s going to be dynamite. I’d still keep mane though and possible let Bobby leave if the 3 if one must go

Statistical anomalies are fun -

Luis Díaz's goal for Liverpool today was scored following a sequence of 34 uninterrupted passes, the most for any Premier League goal this season and the most by any Liverpool goal since Opta have this data available in the competition (from 2006-07) - Opta