Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: From here on in

From here on in

Every games a cup final, we've a fighting chance in every cup and who knows in the league. The buying of Luis Diaz might just be the jolt the lads need to believe anything is possible. Again Jurgen has us believing.

Agree Ian. Hope Diaz gives us the shot in the arm we need. Elliot coming back soon too.
    I fancy us in the league Cup final.
    I'd love to win the FA cup this year, its been far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree Ian. Hope Diaz gives us the shot in the arm we need. Elliot coming back soon too.
    I fancy us in the league Cup final.
    I'd love to win the FA cup this year, its been far too long.
    Was just saying that to my mate who I went to the 92 final with. Its been far too long.

Well, I'd be far more confident if we had belatedly brought in a CM who can play as No6 and No8 of the required quality to replace Gini in the January window, as not replacing Gini has seen us drop 10 points from winning positions in the league already, 8 of those coming from 4 games in which we had 2 goal leads, which hasn't happened in the past 3 seasons and wouldn't have happened had we replaced Gini or not let him go

But, the quadruple is still on, so let's try our best for it despite FSG leaving us with a gaping hole and absence of quality in depth and in our best possible starting 11 in midfield for the first time in several seasons
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 6th February 2022 at 12:44 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We're pretty close to having a fully fit squad, which is unusual for us in this modern era.
    Diaz can settle in and should be able to hit the ground running. Has many of the qualities suited for Klopps style of play.

Win every game in the league and we are likely champions. We'd need to beat City as part of our last 16 games and see them drop 3 points.
    Won't be for the lack of trying on our part, and the pressure is on City to deliver a champions league title.

We've drawn too many games and need to win all our remainders practically to be in for a second league title. As of now we have a serious depth of attacking options.

Salah, Mane, Jota, Firmino, Diaz.
    Origi a legend and Taki a Japanese International in terms of depth.

Posted it elsewhere, so briefly, we have the squad to be more aggressive and compact with more of our top attackers on the pitch. Lots of options for now.

League final - we hopefully bag, big chance to win a cup.
    Then I can see us winning champions league more than the FA Cup.
    The financial incentives of the CL make it a top priority. We win it alot anyway.
    League would be the toughest challenge obviously.

Up the reds from here on out

Hopefully should be an exciting end to the season. Plenty of options - maybe even Elliot gets a run in the team.

Might not win anything but we should see some good attacking play, heroic, chaotic defending with full effort from the boys and full support from the best fans in the game

Fingers crossed for a bit of luck

Another huge game today, It's a bit shit when City play their game before ours as we'd like to put a bit of pressure on them for a change. As no one else seems to want too .

I might be wrong on this.

Not that it would do us any good but you’d want to question the Premier league as to why City seem to always have a game before us..

It ain’t fair at all - it’s a huge advantage imo

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Another huge game today, It's a bit shit when City play their game before ours as we'd like to put a bit of pressure on them for a change. As no one else seems to want too .
    The frustrating thing is, if we win today (Burnley, for anyone reading a month from now) we'll have 4 wins and a draw from our last 5 in the League - which will be the exact same as what Man City are sitting on over their last 5.

Matching them is impressive, but they have 13 League games left and you'd fancy them to win the majority - it's so difficult.

Still, never give in! Coutinho scoring a winner against them on the last day of the season isn't beyond the realms of possibility and what a hilarious way to help us win the League that would be!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I might be wrong on this.

Not that it would do us any good but you’d want to question the Premier league as to why City seem to always have a game before us..

It ain’t fair at all - it’s a huge advantage imo
    The pressure is intense either way but I wouldn't put it beyond them to have oiled the wheel somewhat.

We've got to win games, simple as, we need to beat city in the league and take it from there.

Whilst they have points on the board, a single loss where we win and the title is out of their control. They haven't had a dip yet but their pressure point will be the CL games.

We beat them, win our games in hand, they lose another game, and we likely go ahead on goal difference and head to head.