Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: From here on in

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Henderson got a lot of criticism for his performance on Sunday but he's the only one that will try play a forward ball from midfield. If you play lots of low percentage passes your pass completion percentage is going to be low.

None of his passes came off (though he did hit a lovely first time cross that deserved someone at the end of it!) on Sunday but they might on Wednesday. He's a far better technician (okay he's not KDB level) then some will give him credit for. I'm sure a lot on here still see him as Darren Gibson / Glenn Whelan like plodder.
    The mocking his kdb/silva likeness isn't a swipe at his level of player.
    Just the type of player he is and isn't. He's a 6/8 not a 10.

It's pointing out the selection differences between city and us in midfield.
    Hendo is not a front 3 player, city routinely play with a player or 2 in their midfield 3 who we would describe as a 10/front 3 type of player.

I saw that nice cross, but I also saw a lad thinking he's ZZ. Slow back to defend as he was playing too far forward - most advanced.

A lad who tried to force and effect play like a boss 10 but mostly just fooked it up. He struggled to impact play as he's not doing his job, he's trying to be ZZ.
    This has been evident to my eyes for a good while. He loves the idea of being that player but his skillet just isn't suited to the role.

Hendo 6 long balls/passes 1 completed v Burnley.
    Thiago 3/4
    Fabinho 5/6
    Keita 2/3
    The conditions and other caveats being rolled out are fairly weak.
    If your defense is he fooked up loads of risky passes, then he's dumb for not noticing and adapting.

Win the game in hand + the game at the Etihad and then the pressure mounts on them.

They are a phenomenal squad but I don't think they like being chased.

3 points and a very marginal goal difference is manageable. We just need to take care of our results. Some of those draws are looking expensive at the moment
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The mocking his kdb/silva likeness isn't a swipe at his level of player.
    Just the type of player he is and isn't. He's a 6/8 not a 10.

It's pointing out the selection differences between city and us in midfield.
    Hendo is not a front 3 player, city routinely play with a player or 2 in their midfield 3 who we would describe as a 10/front 3 type of player.

I saw that nice cross, but I also saw a lad thinking he's ZZ. Slow back to defend as he was playing too far forward - most advanced.

A lad who tried to force and effect play like a boss 10 but mostly just fooked it up. He struggled to impact play as he's not doing his job, he's trying to be ZZ.
    This has been evident to my eyes for a good while. He loves the idea of being that player but his skillet just isn't suited to the role.

Hendo 6 long balls/passes 1 completed v Burnley.
    Thiago 3/4
    Fabinho 5/6
    Keita 2/3
    The conditions and other caveats being rolled out are fairly weak.
    If your defense is he fooked up loads of risky passes, then he's dumb for not noticing and adapting.
    Where are you getting this zz crap. He’s just out of form or declining or both. Henderson isn’t the type of player to be trying to be anything except what he is. And he’s certainly nothing like zz was.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Where are you getting this zz crap. He’s just out of form or declining or both. Henderson isn’t the type of player to be trying to be anything except what he is. And he’s certainly nothing like zz was.
    He's had a few volleys with ZZ gait/look about them, so the name stuck for this development.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    He's had a few volleys with ZZ gait/look about them, so the name stuck for this development.
    Ih the game where he hit 3 volleys into row z. Tbf they were there to be hot and he should have done better with 1 at least. That’s about where zz comparisons end.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He just talks crap Eggy, has a real anti Hendo agenda, he's had it for ages, but that entire breakdown of what was happening in the game is so far off how our system operates and why things were happening, I've stopped bothering engaging with the fuck wit and quite a few other fuckwits to be honest, when they understand how the system works and how the press and counter press works, then I might bother responding to them, it is honestly pointless try to until then, I've explained how it works, what the roles are, numerous times for them, Guardiola understands because heh as City doing it last season and this, they just don't get it

Henderson was far forward because he was the attacking midfielder of the 3, Fabinho was the No6 Keita was supposed to be the controller, Trent was predominantly sitting a lot trying to help make the play as we employ him in some games

I watched the CIty game, anyone who understands the press and counter press and the system, go and watch it, watch Fernandinho's positioning in conjunction with their other players, he was superbly positioned throughout, Fabinho has improved in not getting ahead of the ball and not charging into situations, but he's still nowhere near taking the right positions off the other 2 midfielders, he just sits quite a lot, too deep, not contributing to a good press and counter press, which again is why he has to make tackles and interceptions, it is a good job he does make them, because he is by far and above all our other players the one who makes them necessary

If Jurgen wants to give up on his own system that's up to him, it appears he has, because Fab is not a midfielder capable of playing the No6 in Jurgen's system, watching City play the system we thrashed them with in 19-20 and any of their midfielder assume the No6 position at times and effortlessly take the right pressing and counter pressing positions off their other players to stop teams playing out as we've been letting sides do all season, then watching Fab and fans of our own club laud his performance, well, it's just like a very bad joke

We can still win trophies despite Fab, because our keeper, defence and forwards are that good
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It goes back to status quo as I keep saying, their own created status quo of what midfielders do, they will never get their heads around the point that 8 outfield players collectively playing the pressing and counter pressing game to it's highest possible levels means the need for the crunching tackles and interceptions of their status quo midfielders is very rarely necessary
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I say Fab, Hendo & Thiago are 3 quality options to rotate with games every midweek for the next good while and beyond hopefully.
    Hendo's in my best starting 11 all fit.
    Iirc I had him second to virgil for pots in our pl winning season. Doesn't seem like much of an agenda

I'm currently critical of both Hendo & Mane for their performances. Hendos performance stoodout in a fairly poor display, i expect a big improvement from Burnley.

My team has Hendo, Firmino and Mane starting on the bench...all 3 in my best 11 on paper

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He just talks crap Eggy, has a real anti Hendo agenda, he's had it for ages, but that entire breakdown of what was happening in the game is so far off how our system operates and why things were happening, I've stopped bothering engaging with the fuck wit and quite a few other fuckwits to be honest, when they understand how the system works and how the press and counter press works, then I might bother responding to them, it is honestly pointless try to until then, I've explained how it works, what the roles are, numerous times for them, Guardiola understands because heh as City doing it last season and this, they just don't get it

Henderson was far forward because he was the attacking midfielder of the 3, Fabinho was the No6 Keita was supposed to be the controller, Trent was predominantly sitting a lot trying to help make the play as we employ him in some games

I watched the CIty game, anyone who understands the press and counter press and the system, go and watch it, watch Fernandinho's positioning in conjunction with their other players, he was superbly positioned throughout, Fabinho has improved in not getting ahead of the ball and not charging into situations, but he's still nowhere near taking the right positions off the other 2 midfielders, he just sits quite a lot, too deep, not contributing to a good press and counter press, which again is why he has to make tackles and interceptions, it is a good job he does make them, because he is by far and above all our other players the one who makes them necessary

If Jurgen wants to give up on his own system that's up to him, it appears he has, because Fab is not a midfielder capable of playing the No6 in Jurgen's system, watching City play the system we thrashed them with in 19-20 and any of their midfielder assume the No6 position at times and effortlessly take the right pressing and counter pressing positions off their other players to stop teams playing out as we've been letting sides do all season, then watching Fab and fans of our own club laud his performance, well, it's just like a very bad joke

We can still win trophies despite Fab, because our keeper, defence and forwards are that good
    Rodri has good numbers for tackles and intercepts.
    I guess him being a 6 making lots of tackles & intercepts is good like Matip.

But not good like Fab
    Cause fab bad, linguistically he is brexit.

Fab making tackles and intercepts at 6 is failure.
    Rodri making tackles and intercepts at 6 is success.
    #NoAgenda

No need to try and justify what many can see CC.

Right now Hendo is nowhere near the first 11, certainly not on recent form nor the season as a whole.

He is club captain, and that fact plus injuries has seen him play far more than Klopp would have ideally liked.

Without Gini he has to perform a more complete role, he has to be better WITH the ball as there is nobody covering his arse - and he is clearly struggling to do that at this time.

His form will hopefully improve but it will likely only happen IF someone else has a few stinkers or gets injured.