Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: From here on in

We're in the thick of it now, and that 2nd half has blown us all away . This squad is bloody brilliant and for the first time Jurgen has built a squad to compete In every competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We're in the thick of it now, and that 2nd half has blown us all away . This squad is bloody brilliant and for the first time Jurgen has built a squad to compete In every competition.
    Aye. Presently the pressure is on both sides to keep producing results in the league.
    In terms of psychology a massive win last night, given the performance first half.
    Very important that with our goal insight, that we see this league campaign out.
    As justing said in another thread, last night was one of 3 massive league games mentally.

Mentioning the squad. I'm still slightly concerned about injuries to Henderson and Fabinho.. If they can last the next 8 weeks we'll be fine.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Aye. Presently the pressure is on both sides to keep producing results in the league.
    In terms of psychology a massive win last night, given the performance first half.
    Very important that with our goal insight, that we see this league campaign out.
    As justing said in another thread, last night was one of 3 massive league games mentally.
    Here's my post...

I feel that, if we win our next three games, we'll win the league. Even if we drop points in one or two of the remaining seven games.
    City have been scraping by in games recently and the VAR shitebags helping them along the way has skewed the top of the table unfairly too.
    A couple of games with points dropped in their next 4 or 5 could see their heads go and they turn to shite. They could just as easily win all their remaining games too, but I just don't feel that in them since January..
    Pep's head is too tuned into the CL these last couple of seasons, so that could be a mitigating factor in having their heads turned in the league too hopefully...

The difference in us and City now is that we have players who can score at will and City do not, hence their slim 1-0 wins and failure to score recently.
    As I said, if we beat Watford next and then City, we will probably see City's heads drop in the league and they'll drop some more points in their remaining seven games hopefully.
    It will be hard to expect our boys to win every one of our remaining games. So let's win the next two and see where we go...
    Last edited by justincredible; 17th March 2022 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Mentioning the squad. I'm still slightly concerned about injuries to Henderson and Fabinho.. If they can last the next 8 weeks we'll be fine.
    Yes, keeping players fit is paramount now with the actual amount of potential games we have left to play. Maximum amount of games too we hope...

Aye justin, we've had the right mentality for the chase down, got to keep it lit now.
    Don't want to give city any relief dropping points.

yep, we have a squad good enough to rest players in the fa-cup.. and hopefully progress..Aslong as we get through in the champions league. Id' take a loss in 1 leg like we did with Inter. if we manage to get through thats all that matters

I believe this international break is just 2 friendlies?? lets hope that oaf Southgate doenst play Henderson and Trent if he does only for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We're in the thick of it now, and that 2nd half has blown us all away
    Didn't blow me away, they just did what they should have done in the first half, press and counter press properly, mix it up with a variety of approaches including trying to release the forwards or full backs with medium to long balls over the top or through balls and have at least one of the forwards making runs in behind and all 3 making good movement for each other

We didn't do any of that in the first half and not because Arsenal were stopping us from doing it, we just weren't doing it

We got our opening goal from doing all the things we failed to do in the first half, Mane sets of to run in behind then stops to move White to open the channel for Jota as he sees the ball going back to Thiago, Jota sees Mane has opened the channel and the ball has gone to Thiago and makes the runs through the channel Mane has opened for Thiago to find him

Without the 2 runs in behind including Mane's dummy run to move White, we don't create that chance, it's why we barely created any first half

The problem with focusing too much on tappy crappy short passing possession is if you do too much of it you start to have everyone coming to feet, no runs in behind, no variation of medium to longer balls and runs in behind and winning second balls in areas it isn't planned for you to suddenly gain possession, all of which continually moves and disrupts the oppositions plans to defend and counter attack, and you lose some of your ability to be as devastatingly direct, which when you've won a League title, Champions League, WCC and European Super Cup through that ability, obviously isn't a good thing, not in my opinion anyway

"It isn't about the long ball or the short ball, it's about the right ball"
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Imagine if we still had Gini
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"