Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep, if they are all fit and Klopp wants full strength I think it's Fabinho - Henderson - Alcantara in that middle and it should be too much for the Canaries.

Hopefully we win.
    Now we have seemly a full strength squad our options look frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Now we have seemly a full strength squad our options look frightening.
    Yes they do.

Thiago goes into Klopp's first 11 whenever he is match fit. If you can't remember a brief look at Transfermarkt shows that.

Only a sub on first game back after a lay off and then starts until he is injured/has corona/feels poorly.
    Who are you putting on the bench ?
    Bobby or Jota ?

Your bench is even more stacked with attacking options and the burden on Fab, Hendo & Thiago is greater.
    Assuming those 3 would start most games when fit.

Those 3 in midfield and that area of our squad as I see it are where we are a little threadbare and might need to manage minutes more sensibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Not even a Golden one?
    Only to a golden eye.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Fab will 100% start unless injured/ill.
    I think Jurgen will likely start him, but this is a 'Your team' thread, and in the last game v Leicester they sat and looked to break on us, and Fab is a waste of starting a genuine midfielder who will help make the play and unlock sides when we play sides looking to do that

I've seen too many games already this season in which sides sit off and look to break and let Fab have the ball in time and space because they know 99% of the time, he isn't ever going to hurt them with it - They also look for him to get too far forward and leave players in acres of space between our midfield and defence they can release to quickly create a 3v2 if they break our attack down

He has got better at all those things to give him due credit, but we still only have Henderson, Van Dijk, Konate and Trent in our entire squad with the type of passing of the required quality to release our forwards and full backs - It's a long standing issue we've had for 4 or more seasons now, that it isn't a pre-requisite of our midfield recruitment and scouting model is absolutely astonishing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think Jurgen will likely start him, but this is a 'Your team' thread, and in the last game v Leicester they sat and looked to break on us, and Fab is a waste of starting a genuine midfielder who will help make the play and unlock sides when we play sides looking to do that

I've seen too many games already this season in which sides sit off and look to break and let Fab have the ball in time and space because they know 99% of the time, he isn't ever going to hurt them with it - They also look for him to get too far forward and leave players in acres of space between our midfield and defence they can release to quickly create a 3v2 if they break our attack down

He has got better at all those things to give him due credit, but we still only have Henderson, Van Dijk, Konate and Trent in our entire squad with the type of passing of the required quality to release our forwards and full backs - It's a long standing issue we've had for 4 or more seasons now, that it isn't a pre-requisite of our midfield recruitment and scouting model is absolutely astonishing
    We're the top scoring side in the league, and if anything could and should score more, it's true

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    We're the top scoring side in the league, and if anything could and should score more, it's true
    Not sure what that has to do with my post, but knock yourself out
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with my post, but knock yourself out
    With your identified flaw considered, this year we are scoring at a higher rate than in either the 18/19 or 19/20 premier league season.

I agree we could and should score more just funny where we are at presently in terms of scoring goals.

The attacking options haven't been this stacked under Klopp yet, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Who are you putting on the bench ?
    Bobby or Jota ?

Your bench is even more stacked with attacking options and the burden on Fab, Hendo & Thiago is greater.
    Assuming those 3 would start most games when fit.

Those 3 in midfield and that area of our squad as I see it are where we are a little threadbare and might need to manage minutes more sensibly.
    I would go as strong as possible in all departments for all and every league game in the pursuit of shitty.

Jota starts with either Takumi and Bobby on his right - or between Takumi and Diaz.

I would go as strong as possible in all departments for all and every league game in the pursuit of shitty.

Jota starts with either Takumi and Bobby on his right - or between Takumi and Diaz.
    I meant in your best 11, you're not dropping Salah for Taki right

Guessing Diaz the new arrival and one of Bobby/Jota are on the bench all fit.