Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Leicester

Really good win against a team that I thought would be a huge test after their FA Cup defeat. As it turned out, it was a lot more comfortable than it felt at times.

Very impressed by the Diaz lad. Comfortable on the ball, very tricky and keen to defend when required. Needs to work on his crosses… he played a couple blind, giving the ball away unnecessarily. I must have seen him play last year but he obviously made no lasting impression. My only memory of Porto was the incessant rolling around injured. They really didn’t like the physical stuff. Diaz seems to be made of harder stuff. He’ll quickly learn that we get up and get on with it. This could really be his stage. Exciting times.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I thought the balls he played across were great. You need someone deeper to come onto them. not rushing towards the defenders.. Just sit off a yard and strike it goalwards.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Every touch last night.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Re-looking at the Jota second.Terrific assist by Matip
    That was really good.

Really great footwork to bring the ball under control and then the sublime pass to top it off.
    He contiues to confirm that those mazy runs he makes deep into opposition boxes are not just fluke-ey momentum barges, and that he actually is very good on the ball.

It brings to memory a certain tall sexy beanpole giant we once had who was deceptiveely gangly andseemingly ungainly and uncoordinated,.....
    .....until he got on the ball and showed off some impressive dribbling and ball control skills.
    And with a knack for finding the net to top it all off.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Re-looking at the Jota second.Terrific assist by Matip
    All the elements in which I believe most professional footballers are incredibly under developed on display by Matip in that instance - Most of even the very best players ability in the art of disguise is hugely under developed

So obviously, for me, Matip's assist was absolutely top top class and I undoubtedly enjoyed and appreciated it more than anyone else

The simplicity of the kidology and disguise was brilliant, just a half step across with his left to make the defender step to then toe poke it through the defenders legs with his right for Jota to score

I say it's under developed because while a great many defenders keepers and defensive midfield players watch a players body shape and movements very intently to be able to stop them, to tackle, block them or save their shot, the attacking players most frequently use sheer power and speed to beat opponents or arriving in space at the right time, they barely ever use the body shape these players watch to try and stop them as a weapon in their arsenal to fool them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    So obviously, for me, Matip's assist was absolutely top top class and I undoubtedly enjoyed and appreciated it more than anyone else
    Never change, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Never change, mate.
    The only player, in my opinion, who came close to what I think we should expect to see from the majority of Premier League players in using their body shape to fool opposition players, suck them in, make them reach for the ball to poke it through their legs to go the other side of them is Suarez and he could have had more of it for me, but he had far more of what I believe we should expect from more Premier League players
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”