Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 150 up for Trent

150 up for Trent

Trent notched up his 150th Premier League appearance in tonight's game v Leicester

People knock him at times, take him for granted sometimes, but we must all remember what an incredible player he is for us and has been for us so far and that now Jurgen and the staff look to be implementing a little more of the Cancelo type development and evolution I was crying out to happen to Trent and Robbo's games as our next evolutionary step before City even bought Cancelo, then I'm sure well see him reach even higher levels in the future and become even more vital to everything that we want to achieve

P150 W105 D26 L19

10 Goals and 43 Assists

I'm seeing great and very long overdue evolution and development in both Trent and Robbo's games in the past few games, Trent since the start of the season, for me it can only lead to both players and the team becoming far better and far more successful, such is the quality and the very high levels and increasingly higher levels that are absolutely there for both players to keep working harder than ever to reach and then move beyond

It will go wrong sometimes, they'll give the ball away as we see it cheaply or poorly in areas they shouldn't in Jurgen's risk and reward strategy and approach to the game, or through a lack of experience and judgement at times through being in new positions and trying new things to further expand and develop their games

Let us never forget to support them through such times and that we are incredibly fortunate and blessed to have either of them, let alone both
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Incredible crosser of the ball no doubt, he does tend to switch off, be a bit lazy in the simple pass and forget how to kick a ball. I’m glad we have him in our team, but he needs someone challenging him for that position to stay focused. It’s an easy ride with no one else capable of playing right back.

What a player. Scary to think he could be at our club for another ten years.
    I know he some times gets caught out at the back but come on.. goals, assists, freekicks, corners. Just sensational.
    This season I noticed he is coming inside a lot. As if he is trying to redefine the role of what a full back can be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Incredible crosser of the ball no doubt, he does tend to switch off, be a bit lazy in the simple pass and forget how to kick a ball. I’m glad we have him in our team, but he needs someone challenging him for that position to stay focused. It’s an easy ride with no one else capable of playing right back.
    I see what you mean DOC but I dont think he gets an easy ride being local adds to the pressure.

It dont help that pundits keep saying "He cant defend" either he will know all of that noise but these thickos dont seem to understand the full back role at elite clubs isnt to be a Neville or Dixon now.

I think as good as Robbo is Tsimikas isnt far behind he is an excellent LB the issue with signing a RB is they know they not shift Trent and he is only 22.

I'd like us to sign someone like Baku or Ward-Prowse who can play midfield and full back aka Milner !

He will in my mind end up being one of LFCs GOAT players. He's one of if not the best RB in the world and any team would love to have him, he's staying for life.

Say know mower...

https://youtu.be/n1knvHCGgUY
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I see what you mean DOC but I dont think he gets an easy ride being local adds to the pressure.

It dont help that pundits keep saying "He cant defend" either he will know all of that noise but these thickos dont seem to understand the full back role at elite clubs isnt to be a Neville or Dixon now.

I think as good as Robbo is Tsimikas isnt far behind he is an excellent LB the issue with signing a RB is they know they not shift Trent and he is only 22.

I'd like us to sign someone like Baku or Ward-Prowse who can play midfield and full back aka Milner !
    Never get involved with some of the bias punditry. Honestly, not even fussed if he genuinely “can’t defend” he has a CB to cover for him. Offensively, mind blowing.

As I said, my gripe is that he has that careless streak in him during games giving the ball away far too easily. Sometimes even a simple 5-10 yard pass becomes difficult.

He’s an asset , and he knows it. Just need to keep his head down and not get drawn into the hype, like our good Curtis has. Healthy competition never hurt anyone. Ask wee Robertson

I agree competition is good and that is why I mention Baku who can play RB to a good standard.

An out & out RB is unlikely in my eyes as good ones not sign, no point signing a kid as we have Bradley.

As for Jones he is getting some stick he is out of form...a month ago it was Hendo and last season many were saying Robbo is done.

Facts are this Hendo/Robbo are quality players they have shown this over the years.

Jones is just a kid but he has quality he has played well in a number of games for us give him time he'll come good.

Certain members were also saying Elliott is cheap option, Klopp doing it to make a point, Gini not been replaced.

I said its BS as Klopp is elite and would NEVER through a kid in if not ready and its clear to see Harvey is 100% good enough

Elliott was the cheap option. Not much doubting that, the points being made are that Elliott is way ahead if Jones right now. The loan has benefitted him, he genuinely looks way better. Not Jones' fault he wasn't loaned out to bring him on but the situation is what it is.
    He had some brief spells and a few decent games but hasn't kicked on, I personally don't think he becomes a regular starter in our midfield at any point. Sometimes looks like he has the ability but fails to pull the trigger, that may change and I'll be more than happy to be wrong and admit so.
    Sounds harsh but I don't see it happening. Elliott will be a starter at some point though, I think we'll agree on that. He looks like he has what it takes.

I see why people would say its the cheap option but Klopp saw him training with our team and he'd know Harvey was good enough.

As for Jones you have to remember he is still very young I know Harvey is younger but some players ie Messi Rooney CR are just ready at 18/19 some take abit of time KDB/Kane.

Jones may not become a regular but he doesnt have to if he is in our 6/7 midfield options that is good enough for me.