Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Is world war 3 about to kick off?

Worried about new idea that nuclear power is the way forward. This war in Ukraine is highlighting how fragile and dangerous that technology is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I agree, it was won because of them

How our Gov, the US and others are getting involved in this is costing lives and risking an incredibly dangerous escalation, if they'd not interfered, as Ukraine are not part of the EU or NATO and none of them really have any right to get involved and effectively wage war against Russia, just without putting their own troops on the ground, this conflict would already be over, lots of Ukranian civilian lives would have been spared, and the risk of future conflict through NATO trying to expand to positions right on the Russian border removed
    Disagree entirely 19x. Putin's initial idea was that Ukraine would humbly submit and then progress further west to restore what was USSR . He failed. It is still his idiotic idea but he cannot be seen to fail. He was stupid and now he has lost lots of soldiers and hardware. He will carry on with this stupidity. He will decimate all of Ukraine and its people. Once they were close. Ukraine had the most nuclear bombs but resolved to give then up in exchange for never being attacked Sooner or later there will be a tactical nuclear bomb. From my understanding that will take our something like a football stadium but the far-reaching impact no-one knows

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Disagree entirely 19x. Putin's initial idea was that Ukraine would humbly submit and then progress further west to restore what was USSR . He failed. It is still his idiotic idea but he cannot be seen to fail. He was stupid and now he has lost lots of soldiers and hardware. He will carry on with this stupidity. He will decimate all of Ukraine and its people. Once they were close. Ukraine had the most nuclear bombs but resolved to give then up in exchange for never being attacked Sooner or later there will be a tactical nuclear bomb. From my understanding that will take our something like a football stadium but the far-reaching impact no-one knows
    Do we know for a fact what Putin's thinking was? The Western media seems intent on portraying him as a madman (as they do with all bogeymen... Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi, Kim Jong-un etc) and as stupid. If he's so stupid he should be easy to outwit, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Do we know for a fact what Putin's thinking was? The Western media seems intent on portraying him as a madman (as they do with all bogeymen... Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi, Kim Jong-un etc) and as stupid. If he's so stupid he should be easy to outwit, no?
    It's a peculiar impression that Putin is seeking to re-form the USSR.
    I wonder how such people view him being able to do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The propaganda of our media is equally as bad as that of Russia, North Korea or anywhere else

People are far too quick to believe what they tell them or how they portray people or world events

Is Putin paranoid? Almost certainly - Having considerable natural resources and having seen the US aided and abetted by the UK rape loot and pillage the middle east for it's natural resources, based on those nations being a falsified perceived threat, is he right to be paranoid and is it surprising he has decided to take action to try and stop the Ukraine joining NATO and UK, US and other forces building weapons caches and forces on Russia's border, not really in my opinion
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Putin bitterly resents the split up of the USSR. Take back Ukraine and arm that new border.
    Russia has a new friendship with China. China wants Taiwan back.
    North Korea wants South Korea
    Serbia is uncomfortable with Kosovo.
    I am surmising quite darkly but could these situations if they flare up spread somewhat simultaneously and create so much mayhem that US forces are so thinly spread that NATO without US is helpless as is US itself. And UN is rendered useless too And then Russia will retake what it sees fit . Can't happen? Add in the likelihood of the transatlantic cable being taken out and massive cyber attacks at opportune moments.
    I hope not! But we live in an ever more fragile world
    Just my thoughts in answer to your question CCTV.

Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains.

Vladimir Putin

Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains.

Vladimir Putin
    Is that a quote Daffyd? If so from when? And was it a good translation ? I hope so ! My perception of Putin has changed from being a clever chess player to being unhinged. I fear he is vengeful against former USSR states and the former Warsaw pact countries despite the fact that they wanted Russia away and have voted against them. Yes there are russian speaking people in those countries who still like the idea of always having sausages and a roof over their head. Is that your expectancy in life ?

Vladimir Putin
    While this might dissuade some about Putins intentions.
    I'm looking for a coherent explanation of the how, from those who believe it.

While this might dissuade some about Putins intentions.
    I'm looking for a coherent explanation of the how, from those who believe it.
    I have offered my reply dear CCTV. I fear it is possible Are you saying it is not coherent?