Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: CL last 16 1st leg games

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Last minute winners are that bit sweeter �� big goal for them to take to Madrid
    I suppose. It certainly sets up the second leg nicely, which is more than can be said for the other game. A nice opportunity for city to rest pretty much their first eleven.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I suppose. It certainly sets up the second leg nicely, which is more than can be said for the other game. A nice opportunity for city to rest pretty much their first eleven.
    Real will have to play some football - very disjointed and disappointing 90 mins for them tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Quite an assumption that the filthy's absolute shower of shite bunch of slackers will get past Atletico Sid
    More just an "in the event that" dealie. I'd still back Atletico.

However, there'd be something poetic about the Mancs getting duffed by PSG after all that "famous night in Paris" guff that got Ole the full-time gig. Just another little dose of salt on their wounds, sicken them that little bit more, Ronaldo's sickened face as he is reminded by Neymar/Messi/Mbappe/Di Maria that he doesn't have much relevance on the biggest of stages any more unless he moves (and even that guarantees nothing) - would just be a lot of fun.

Atletico should - SHOULD - beat Man United. But they haven't been pulling up trees this season themselves.

Ideally someone knocks out Man City so we don't have to. Having faced Chelsea a few too many times over the years in Europe, having faced Arsenal, having faced Man City and having played Real Madrid a few times as well I do tend to lean towards the more "novel" ties that don't come around often - playing Sporting Lisbon would have been nice, Ajax, another spar with Bayern Munich - that sort of thing.

Man City/Chelsea/Man United are great ties IF WE WIN but are absolute sickeners should we lose.

Had forgotten that Man United had a League game tonight, which they won.

4 points ahead of Arsenal now. Arsenal have 3 games in hand but how much do we trust them to accrue points?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Had forgotten that Man United had a League game tonight, which they won.

4 points ahead of Arsenal now. Arsenal have 3 games in hand but how much do we trust them to accrue points?
    Like we thought spurs would ?? arsenal..... i don't trust they've been doing well but lack options up top... can't see anyone in the long run getting 4th because they're all so poor so a shit utd will make it is my guess, I'd bet on it if the odds was decent sadly. Apparently brighton missed a few siters too, and obvs red didn't help lucky cunts as always.

Said it all along.

See messi missed a penalty, could cost them away to real, makes it a interesting tie though.

City can play there 3rd team at home against Lisbon.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 16th February 2022 at 01:12 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Sadly it looks like Atletico might be a easy tie for utd,

Lost at home today to the mighty levante 1-0

Suarez is at the wheel
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sadly it looks like Atletico might be a easy tie for utd,

Lost at home today to the mighty levante 1-0

Suarez is at the wheel
    Atletico have been way off their best for a few months now really - can't even be called a blip - much more drastic.

That loss tonight means they're still level on points with Barca, but are behind them on goal difference and Barca now have a game in hand which helps their plight to nick 4th spot.

I'd absolutely love Barcelona to miss out on the Champion's League spots. At the current rate though we may have to settle for Simeone's lads missing out.

Atletico should find a good performance in a Champion's League tie on Home soil but we'll see - not long to wait now.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Tonight it's...

Chelsea v Lille
    And
    Villareal v Juventus

I'll be watching the Chelsea-Lille game as its on the tele, and to see what they're upto ahead of our game on Sunday.

Come on Lille

Havertz stabs over from an azpil low cross