Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CL last 16 1st leg games

Ben arfa takes werner down and gets a yellow

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Kovacic and Ziyech possible injuries for the rent boys?
    I wouldn't bet on it

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Kovacic and Ziyech possible injuries for the rent boys?
    Likely as staged as Starmer allegedly being harassed by alleged right wing thugs allegedly incited by Johnson

Incidentally, if you watched the Mirror footage of that, then the evening news different angle with the Saville alleged abuse, which if it did happen was merited, on the Mirror footage, you couldn't hear any shouting about Saville, when your hear how loud it was on the evening news and see how close they were to the group shown from another angle in the Mirror footage, there's no way they wouldn't have been very clearly audible
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Well, what a let down Lille were, although they did flog a few key players from their title winning side I believe, I was hoping to get the chance to use this too

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We gt Intermilan.. Mancheaty get sporting Libson and Chelsea get Lile.. we def got the hardest draw of all the English teams.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We gt Intermilan.. Mancheaty get sporting Libson and Chelsea get Lile.. we def got the hardest draw of all the English teams.
    Don't forget Uniturd

So we're back to being Atlético de Madrid fans again tonight, yeah?

Where’s Steveo? This forum is in dire need of a protracted, mind-bending argument over a small detail

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    So we're back to being Atlético de Madrid fans again tonight, yeah?
    Personally I'm a little torn on that match. If I could see into the future and know how the draw works out, I'd have an answer for you.

Normally I like to see Man United knocked out as soon as possible, simply because I don't want them winning it again, ever, if at all possible. However, if they got through and were drawn against another side we'd love to see knocked out (Man City and PSG arguably looking the strongest opposition we might face in terms of form) then I wouldn't back them very much - and it would be nice not to have to play the most difficult quarter/semi possible.

Despite their poor League form, I'd back Atletico more in terms of causing an upset to a top side. Fluke is too strong a word, but you could see them occasionally getting the best out of Man City over two legs if you put it through a simulator and it would be nice not to have to play Man City twice more while going for multiple trophies - especially if it meant doing so around that huge League match - could make for a very draining spell and a couple of injuries or a knock to confidence if Pep's side come out on top - would be a sickener if they ended our League AND Champion's League challenge - flip side of course being that we could deliver a psychological Hammerblow to them if we won.

The other side of all that is that, despite the emotional side of it and the inevitable nail-biting (the prospect of losing and listening to them crow about it for years) is that us facing Man United in the quarter-finals wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing, again, in the context of going for multiple comps. The travel side is easier than some of the other potential away ties, they wouldn't try to press us for 90 minutes (and if they did, aren't co-ordinated enough with it, so spaces would open) and they'll potentially be one of the weakest sides left - that isn't even said as a banterous dig, I think it's objectively true this time around - plus we would draw confidence from the 0-5 destruction job at Old Trafford.

I'll probably find myself rooting for Atletico on the night slightly more simply because of that sprinkle of inner peace I get any time their lot get knocked out of any competition (they're closest to us for total trophies) but Man United mightn't be the worst draw for us to do with the combo of travel and their current level.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

We have nothing to fear from either of them. The joy of watching United suffer is tempting but I’d rather we inflicted it upon them ourselves in the next round