Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Games 19th&20th of Feb

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Arsenal, Brighton and Villa away will be no picnic, never mind City.
    The same brighton that lsot at home against the mighty burnley three Nill ???

Villa aren't as good as they're made out to be either. Gerrards honeymoon period is over.

No reason we can't beat arsenal

Today just gives us a little hope, after all was lost, nothing wrong with that.. might make it interesting
    Last edited by Kev0909; 20th February 2022 at 12:02 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

we have goals in us..Mane Salah Diaz and of course Jota. Just need to sort out the midfield and defence..Its city to lose. But all we can do is keep winning games.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We need to be careful not to get carried away by today, its exciting and it will be close but we do literally need to win every game. That's very unlikely and one draw will seem like a hammer blow.
    Could be back and forth for the rest of the season though. I'm hoping they start to get the jitters, they're desperate for the CL more than anything so maybe that might affect them in the league. The pressure is on them but it will switch to us if we go top at some point.
    I have a sneaky feeling, city will drop points at Goodison

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We need to be careful not to get carried away by today, its exciting and it will be close but we do literally need to win every game. That's very unlikely and one draw will seem like a hammer blow.
    Fair comment - it's lovely knowing the door is further ajar but it may not remain so.

Beating Man City at the Etihad in a title clash is, in itself, a massive test. We are capable - of course we are - but we know how easily a winning situation can become a draw and indeed that they can beat us as well.

The best thing to do is the usual - one game at a time, one win at a time, grind this thing out. They might just falter again.

I'm certainly hoping they do. It would be "poetic" to be in a position where we HAVE to beat them and we go on to do so, then win match after match. Though I'd much rather they fluff their lines a couple more times yet and give us some wiggle-room as the task is still big.

Up for it as can be mind!

I EXPECT nothing less than a Quadruple after today and our lads to administer a hard, deep and penetrating bumming to all comers winning all their remaining games in all competitions

Edit: Putting all our focus on winning each next game of course
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 20th February 2022 at 02:30 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I give up the other 3 comps if we were guranteed the league.. obviously everything else would be great. But to me the league is the only thing i'd want every season

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I have a sneaky feeling, city will drop points at Goodison
    Give over CC, now you're just being silly! Lolzison. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Fair comment - it's lovely knowing the door is further ajar but it may not remain so.

Beating Man City at the Etihad in a title clash is, in itself, a massive test. We are capable - of course we are - but we know how easily a winning situation can become a draw and indeed that they can beat us as well.

The best thing to do is the usual - one game at a time, one win at a time, grind this thing out. They might just falter again.

I'm certainly hoping they do. It would be "poetic" to be in a position where we HAVE to beat them and we go on to do so, then win match after match. Though I'd much rather they fluff their lines a couple more times yet and give us some wiggle-room as the task is still big.

Up for it as can be mind!
    Indeed Sid, it's exciting and could get even more so.
    We are currently on a good run, if we are within a few points as the business end approaches in a month and half or so we've every chance.
    Our squad rotation has worked a treat thus last week, let's hope that continues. Right now I'd take a draw at their place, a point for us would feel like 3 and it would feel like a defeat for them. They'd still be ahead but we'd be right in their heels if we win upto that point.
    I'm really hoping their desperation for the CL makes them come a cropper but on the other hand they're just as capable of hoovering up the lot. All to play for - for both sides.
    Last edited by teesred; 20th February 2022 at 07:38 AM.

just caught this online https://twitter.com/mcpanayi/status/1495138371613736964?s=21

what you's think?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    just caught this online https://twitter.com/mcpanayi/status/1495138371613736964?s=21

what you's think?
    "Injury time goal fucks up refs coupon shocker"
    Nevermind. Prick.