Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Brenny's at the wheel

Eggy has been reading the upanishads on the way to the match

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Perhaps God is not a being, but a state of being.
    Famously, He said to Moses
    “I Am”

He is being itself

I’m not sure justme has accounted for that yet

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    God is us and we are god. Is god just an appreciation of something so precious we’ve yet to see signs of it anywhere else with all our technological advancements? Life. Which would mean there both is and isn’t a god depending on how you view things.
    God is us and we are God, which is why making 'him' into a being (the invisible man on a cloud) causes problems because we project that aspect of ourselves onto 'him', and blame 'him' for all kinds of shit that is of our own creation through the God principle within us. We need to take ownership of our creations not wait for 'him' to step in and rescue us.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Famously, He said to Moses
    “I Am”

He is being itself

I’m not sure justme has accounted for that yet
    ...on the other hand God is a being, but so much more than that because God is everything, and everywhere.

I used to see God as a being - as in someone outside of me - but that resulted in me projecting all my shit onto 'him', and blaming him and getting angry with him. I find it far more healthy/helpful to see God as a loving power/principle that exists in all things if we will only invite it in and let it in. That way I take responsibility for my life instead of playing the victim. But that's me, there are many paths up the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Brenny > God.
    (Well Brenny thinks this anyway )
    That'll be the 3 lads that let Brendan down and had their names in the envelopes - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That'll be the 3 lads that let Brendan down and had their names in the envelopes - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
    Very good 🤣🤣

Higher consciousness is the consciousness of a god or "the part of the human mind that is capable of transcending animal instincts"
    That really rings true, the part of the human mind that is capable of transcending animal instincts the majority of people, almost all people are unable to do so, everything they do is governed by their primal instincts
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Try a reverse jinx and mention that Brenny's big time bottlers are currently limping to a very underwhelming drab draw v PSV

You just really think Leicester need to be far more ambitious in their choice of manager and need to look for one with some European pedigree

A pathetic goalless draw at home to PSV in the Europa conference league, how long can this go on? Maybe Leicester's owners fancy a bit of Poch too?

Brennie’s European record must be literally on of THE worst of any club manager in Europe.
    He’s consistent, I’ll give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Maybe Leicester's owners fancy a bit of Poch too?
    I'd be quite intrigued to see that actually. Could make the matches that determine 3rd-8th position all the more interesting.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay